Highlight matching paren/bracket/brace/quote/etc

carterl...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2015, 10:02:08 PM7/16/15
to ie...@googlegroups.com
Almost every other editor I've used has a feature where it highlights the matching parentheses. Most of them are automatic (IDLE needs you to press CTRL-0), and I'm surprised that IEP doesn't seem to have this functionality.

I'm probably just skipping over it entirely, but I've gone through all the menus and can't seem to find it! Could someone please steer me in the right direction?

Rob Reilink

Jul 17, 2015, 4:53:21 AM7/17/15
to ie...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This is still on our wishlist to implement..

Regards Rob

Almost every other editor I've used has a feature where it highlights the matching parentheses. Most of them are automatic (IDLE needs you to press CTRL-0), and I'm surprised that IEP doesn't seem to have this functionality.

I'm probably just skipping over it entirely, but I've gone through all the menus and can't seem to find it! Could someone please steer me in the right direction?

Carter Lavering

Jul 17, 2015, 1:54:27 PM7/17/15
to ie...@googlegroups.com
Is there an estimated release date?

-Carter

Almar Klein

Jul 23, 2015, 4:38:13 PM7/23/15
to ie...@googlegroups.com

On 17-07-15 19:54, Carter Lavering wrote:
> Is there an estimated release date?

I'm afraid not. Development is not very active at the moment, and
releases are done ad hoc.

If you're hungry enough for this feature, consider making a PR ;)

- Almar