How to update components in IEP?

jandyman...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2016, 12:19:27 PM1/6/16
to Interactive Editor for Python
Hello,

I have discovered that the %recall command in IPython does not work properly under IEP. I'm now confident about this because it works properly in Spyder and IPython version 4. I might consider using Spyder, but it has some issue causing typing in the editor to be unbelievably slow (Mac OS El Capitan).

So the first thing to do is figure out whether the problem I am having is an IEP problem or an IPython problem, and the first step there is to update IPython to version 4. Is it easy to do this? I'm sure this is a stupid question but I'm a newbie.

I am similarly curious about updating SciPy within IEP to get new functionality. Is this also easy?

Thanks for any help!

- Andy

Almar Klein

Jan 7, 2016, 5:55:40 AM1/7/16
to jandyman...@gmail.com, Interactive Editor for Python

I just answered most of these questions in your previous email.

For the %recall IPython command, it does not work, because IEP does no attemp to support it, because IEP has its own autocompletion. But I think it should be possible to make it work. If you’d want that functionality, please file an issue on bitbucket where we can discuss the use-case and how it should work.

- Almar