Timer

Sushant P

Sep 1, 2014, 6:57:23 AM9/1/14
to ie...@googlegroups.com
Does IEP has an Implicit Compile time and run time timer. So that we can check the time taken for a code.

PS: Don't reply about python time module

Almar Klein

Sep 2, 2014, 3:42:06 AM9/2/14
to ie...@googlegroups.com
Can you explain more what you mean with an "implicit compile time and
run time timer"?

I suspect that the answer is no though. You can use the standard Python
tools like timeit (I shall not mention the time module).

- Almar

Sushant P

Sep 4, 2014, 6:31:44 AM9/4/14
to ie...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply.

By mentioning implicit I meant that I want the compiler to show how much time did it take to interpret all the lines of my code (just similar to Bloodshed Dev C++). Please let me know if there is anything like that which I haven't noticed @Almar

Almar Klein

Sep 4, 2014, 9:32:24 AM9/4/14
to ie...@googlegroups.com

> By mentioning implicit I meant that I want the compiler to show how much
> time did it take to interpret all the lines of my code (just similar to
> Bloodshed Dev C++). Please let me know if there is anything like that
> which I haven't noticed @Almar

No there is not, sorry. Frankly, I do not see the point. In a situation
where you need to time something there are tools available to make that
very easy.

- Almar