SHowing Variables in workspace

ANKAN BISWAS

Apr 6, 2016, 11:22:58 AM4/6/16
to Interactive Editor for Python
Hi,
  How can I show only variables , name, type and value in the work space? Currently including variables so many other names are also listed. Attached screenshot.any
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Almar

Apr 7, 2016, 10:25:22 AM4/7/16
to Interactive Editor for Python
These variables are created by IPython. You could disable IPython by going to the shell config and toggling the IPython checkbox.

Ideally though, these vars that start with an underscore should be hidden. I made an issue: https://github.com/pyzo/pyzo/issues/385

- Almar

ANKAN BISWAS

Apr 7, 2016, 10:46:19 AM4/7/16
to Interactive Editor for Python
Thanks, that indeed solved the problem. Now only "name string" is remained. But does disabling the ipython shell have any other impact? Attched screenshot.

On Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 8:52:58 PM UTC+5:30, ANKAN BISWAS wrote:
Hi,
  How can I show only variables , name, type and value in the work space? Currently including variables so many other names are also listed. Attached screenshot.any
Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2

Almar

Apr 7, 2016, 11:12:49 AM4/7/16
to Interactive Editor for Python
> But does disabling the ipython shell have any other impact? Attched screenshot.

Not really, some people like some of the magic commands that it provides, but you don't strictly need it (I personally don't).