Announcing release 3.1 Maitreyi

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gómez

Oct 31, 2015, 4:50:21 PM10/31/15
to iDempiere
Hi community,

As this is already a habit on Halloween, I'm glad to announce that release v3.1 (Maitreyi) of iDempiere project has been released.

The installers have been uploaded to sourceforge at this link:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/idempiere/files/v3.1/

You can see the most prominent new features added during this year - after release 2.1 - at this page:
As you can see the list is incomplete, so, documentation for new features is 100% welcome.

This version is going to be maintained for a while (meaning bug fixing and also some prominent non-disruptive features can be added to this version).

Note also that I'll stop maintenance for version 2.1 to focus on this release.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Nicolas Micoud

Nov 1, 2015, 3:39:07 AM11/1/15
to iDempiere
Hi,

Great news, thanks Carlos and other contributors !

Regards,

Nicolas

Irisquota

Nov 4, 2015, 10:52:21 PM11/4/15
to iDempiere
Hello Carlos/Everybody, I'm new here.

Is 3.1 version still a developer version, or it can be used for production purposes?

Thank you.

AmigoGestor Cloud ERP

Nov 5, 2015, 8:30:31 PM11/5/15
to iDempiere
Carlos excellent.

Hello everyone, I'm using idempiere release 3.1 in eclipse. Could materialize without problems and it's all working. But when I create the Server installer following this tutorial http://wiki.idempiere.org/en/Creating_Installers_from_Eclipse
I have this error: org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.tasks.ProductVersionPatcher.hasBundles (Z) Z

thanks in advance

redhuan d. oon

Nov 6, 2015, 12:01:50 AM11/6/15
to iDempiere
Such a declared release is usually used for production purposes as in accordance with its license: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.en.html
Message has been deleted

Lohan AG

Nov 6, 2015, 5:14:11 AM11/6/15
to iDempiere
AmigoGestor Cloud ERP  use the Luna eclipse instead of Mars 1

Irisquota

Nov 6, 2015, 5:57:17 PM11/6/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
On 06/11/2015 02:01, redhuan d. oon wrote:
> Such a declared release is usually used for production purposes as in
> accordance with its license:
> https://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.en.html

Thank you very much (Red, Carlos, and everyone contributing to this
excellent project)

Filipe Lourenço

Nov 8, 2015, 10:34:08 AM11/8/15
to iDempiere
Hi,

Having some trouble installing V3.1 in my environment. I have next setup: Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS + Postgre SQL 9.3 + OpenJDK 7 (openjdk-7-jdk)

During initial setup (executing console-setup-alt.sh script) I got and error related with EquinoxContainer (please see below)

user@server:/opt/idempiere-server$ sudo ./console-setup-alt.sh
Setup idempiere Server
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error initializing storage.
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainer.<init>(EquinoxContainer.java:77 )
at org.eclipse.osgi.launch.Equinox.<init>(Equinox.java:31)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(EclipseStarter.java:295)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:231)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43 )
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1438)
Caused by: java.io.EOFException
at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:392)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleDatabase$Persistence.readWire(ModuleDatabase.java:1 168)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleDatabase$Persistence.load(ModuleDatabase.java:1028)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleDatabase.load(ModuleDatabase.java:879)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.<init>(Storage.java:143)
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.createStorage(Storage.java:84)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainer.<init>(EquinoxContainer.java:75 )
... 11 more
An error has occurred. See the log file
null.
[...]
===================================
===================================
Make .sh executable
.
For problems, check log file in base directory

Seems something related with EquinoxContainer... tried

Did anyone had this issue?

--
Filipe Lourenço
Message has been deleted

raouf

Nov 9, 2015, 9:58:25 AM11/9/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com, filipe....@gmail.com
Hi Felipe,

Do you have set your JAVA_HOME and IDEMPIERE_HOME in your .bashrc file

Check your Env. with your JAVA, Perhaps you try to setup with java 6 and
you need java 7

Br,

Raouf

Filipe Lourenço

Nov 9, 2015, 10:43:48 AM11/9/15
to iDempiere
Hi Raouf,

Thanks for the tip.

I have JAVA_HOME and IDEMPIERE_HOME set and I am using Java 7 (OpenJDK 7) in the setup.

Just some additional information....The server that I am using has iDempiere 2.1 installed and running as a charm with OpenJDK 6.

Message has been deleted

Rinto Exandi

Nov 20, 2015, 5:46:37 AM11/20/15
to iDempiere
Dear all,

I succesfully build idempiere-server-3.1 from eclipse with latest repo, when I deploy it on testing machine I got error when running console-setup-alt.sh

Attached is the error log file,

I have setup JAVA_HOME and IDEMPIERE_HOME and I use openjdk-7

Need advice..

Regards,
Rinto

!SESSION 2015-11-20 17:40:47.108 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_85
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
Framework arguments:  -application org.adempiere.install.console-application
Command-line arguments:  -application org.adempiere.install.console-application

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2015-11-20 17:41:18.557
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/postgresql/Driver
        at org.compiere.db.DB_PostgreSQL.getDriver(DB_PostgreSQL.java:171)
        at org.compiere.db.DB_PostgreSQL.getDriverConnection(DB_PostgreSQL.java:861)
        at org.adempiere.db.postgresql.config.ConfigPostgreSQL.testJDBC(ConfigPostgreSQL.java:197)
        at org.adempiere.db.postgresql.config.ConfigPostgreSQL.test(ConfigPostgreSQL.java:130)
        at org.compiere.install.ConfigurationData.testDatabase(ConfigurationData.java:1200)
        at org.compiere.install.console.ConfigurationConsole.dbSystemPassword(ConfigurationConsole.java:173)
        at org.compiere.install.console.ConfigurationConsole.doSetup(ConfigurationConsole.java:63)
        at org.compiere.install.console.ConsoleInstallApplication.start(ConsoleInstallApplication.java:36)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)

Hiep Lq

Nov 20, 2015, 6:56:07 AM11/20/15
to Mohemmed Bilal Ilyas
i test in my environment and don't get this issue.
maybe you test with a binary from server

also check your log after build to sure everything is ok.

Lê Quý Hiệp
Email: hie...@hasuvimex.vn
Skype: admin.hasuvimex

Company: Thanh Hoa Fishery Import - Export J.s.c  (HasuvimexDL 47
Add: Lot E, Le Mon Industrial Zone, Thanh Hoa, Vietnam

Rinto Exandi

Nov 20, 2015, 11:16:31 AM11/20/15
to iDempiere
Hi Hiep,

I download the server from ci.idempiere.org, and deploy it. It runs ok.
But the server i build from eclipse still failed, the build process does not shows any error.

Is there any clue on this?

Rgds,
Rinto

Hiep Lq

Nov 20, 2015, 12:40:47 PM11/20/15
to Mohemmed Bilal Ilyas
can you provide your log when build (package). what's your eclipse, buckminster's version?

Rinto Exandi

Nov 20, 2015, 9:17:19 PM11/20/15
to iDempiere
Hi Hiep,

I think this because I run the eclipse for windows in Linux environment by mistake :(

When I run the whole process in Windows Environment, everything is fine.

Thanks Hiep and everyone's  help in this forum...

Regards,
Rinto Exandi