Test server for oracle-java-8

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gómez

Jan 11, 2015, 11:59:28 AM1/11/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi community, in order to start testing iDempire on java8 the test server https://demo.idempiere-erp.org was upgraded to use oracle-java-8 and postgresql 9.4

The server https://demo.idempiere.com is using java7 and postgresql 9.3

Also you can find iDempiere 2.1 test server at https://demo.globalqss.com

For documentation purposes, the setup of java8 on server was not straight, the console-setup-alt.sh didn't work at first, to workaround it I needed to run the keytool manually:
keytool -genkey -keyalg rsa -alias idempiere -dname "CN=localhost.localdomain, OU=idempiere, O=idempiere, L=Krefeld, S=NW, C=DE" -keypass myPassword -validity 999 -keystore /opt/idempiere-server/jettyhome/etc/keystore -storepass myPassword
and then the console-setup-alt.sh was able to finish its job.

You cannot run java8 on top of a server installed with java7, you need to install it from scratch.

There is also a minor warning you can ignore
warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=192m; support was removed in 8.0

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Albert

Feb 25, 2015, 6:47:01 PM2/25/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com

After setup when we run idempiere-server on  java8 get a error message

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error initializing storage.
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainer.<init>(EquinoxCo
ntainer.java:77)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.launch.Equinox.<init>(Equinox.java:31)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(EclipseStarte
r.java:295)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.ja
va:231)
java:57)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:43)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1438)
Caused by: java.io.EOFException
        at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:392)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleDatabase$Persistence.readWire(Module
Database.java:1168)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleDatabase$Persistence.load(ModuleData
base.java:1028)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleDatabase.load(ModuleDatabase.java:87
9)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.<init>(Storage.java:143)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.createStorage(Storage.java:84)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainer.<init>(EquinoxCo
ntainer.java:75)
        ... 11 more
An error has occurred. See the log file
null.
ErrorLevel = 13
***************************************
Check the error message above.
***************************************
請按任意鍵繼續 . . .

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gómez於 2015年1月12日星期一 UTC+8上午12時59分28秒寫道:

redhuan d. oon

Mar 1, 2015, 7:25:53 PM3/1/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hola Carlos Ruiz, I am testing your demo.globalqss.com but cannot login superuser @ idempiere.com I like to test my 3.0 plugins to see if they are backward compatible. Muchas gracias!

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Mar 1, 2015, 7:32:55 PM3/1/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Redhuan, there you log in with SuperUser.

The tip is to check the name of the box - if it says EMail or User

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gómez

Mar 8, 2015, 11:05:01 AM3/8/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
I think hieplq found the solution

Can you please test and provide feedback?

Tomáš Švikruha

Mar 31, 2015, 2:28:34 AM3/31/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carlos,

just tested run console-setup.sh with applied IDEMPIERE-2503 but it doesn't help. Still getting same error like Albert.

Question related to your note ("You cannot run java8 on top of a server installed with java7, you need to install it from scratch") - you mean that I shouldn't have both java7 and java8 installed on one server? Just tried to create installer for iDempiere with selected java 1.8 for compiling and server was not able to run with java 1.8 because console-setup was not working due to "java.lang.RuntimeException: Error initializing storage error"...

Dne neděle 8. března 2015 16:05:01 UTC+1 Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gómez napsal(a):

This e-mail is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. It is intended only for the addressees and may not be reviewed or used in any way by other recipients. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail and delete the message and any attachments thereto from your system.

Hiep Lq

Mar 31, 2015, 3:36:14 AM3/31/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
not sure what carlos mind at "You cannot run java8 on top of a server installed with java7"
but i can run success a window server with java8 and java7 include.

about console-setup.sh, test in window environment:
use console-setup-alt.sh not use console-setup.sh. with console-setup-alt.sh change
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.*.jar => plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.*.*.*.jar

D4mations

Mar 31, 2015, 8:02:24 AM3/31/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
I'm running daily build with java 8 and 9.4 on osx without the slightest problem. Installation was flawless as well

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Mar 31, 2015, 10:45:08 AM3/31/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Clarifying:

"You cannot run java8 on top of a server installed with java7"
meant that I noticed if you did the console-setup with java7 it won't run with java8.
You must do the console-setup with java8.

Tomáš Švikruha

Apr 1, 2015, 1:48:52 AM4/1/15
to idem...@googlegroups.com
I can confirm that...

ferry.ir...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2016, 9:44:38 PM2/3/16
to iDempiere
Hi Guys,

I can run Idempiere 3.1 on java 7 & 8 on the same machine.
If "Error initializing storage" arise then I do the following steps:
1. Backup first all folder at \setup\configuration\
2. Delete all folder at \setup\configuration\, except config.ini
3. Run setup.bat again
4. Run idempiere successfully

Thanks

Hardmax