IDempiere 4.1 java.lang.RuntimeException: Error initializing storage.

Djoudi Abdelouahab

Dec 28, 2016, 11:45:10 AM12/28/16
to iDempiere
OS : CentOS 7
DB : postgresql 9.6
jdk 1.8
 IDempiere 4.1

whene i try to install it  i see this error

 sh console-setup.sh
Setup idempiere Server
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error initializing storage.
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainer.<init>(EquinoxContainer.java:77)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.launch.Equinox.<init>(Equinox.java:31)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(EclipseStarter.java:295)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:231)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1438)
Caused by: java.io.EOFException
        at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:392)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleDatabase$Persistence.readWire(ModuleDatabase.java:1168)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleDatabase$Persistence.load(ModuleDatabase.java:1028)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleDatabase.load(ModuleDatabase.java:879)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.<init>(Storage.java:145)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.createStorage(Storage.java:85)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainer.<init>(EquinoxContainer.java:75)
        ... 11 more
Idempiere: Cannot open display:
Idempiere:
An error has occurred. See the log file
null.
[...]
.
For problems, check log file in base directory

Martin Schönbeck

Dec 28, 2016, 2:54:02 PM12/28/16
to iDempiere
Hi Djoudi,

try to remove (or rename to something garbage) the directory org.eclipse.osgi in setup/configuration

Regards
Martin

Haider Ilich López Areiza

Jan 9, 2017, 11:33:43 AM1/9/17
to iDempiere
Hello

I tried in debian 8 with the same results, then format the virtual machine and same result

Alan Lescano

Jan 9, 2017, 4:24:39 PM1/9/17
to idem...@googlegroups.com
I faced this issue last week using ubuntu 16.04 and openjdk1.8. Maybe Im wrong, but seems that osgi storage manager was unable to unlock fileTableLock. This happened because I first run console-setup.sh using user A and then start server using user B.  I tried to reset files permissions and owner but no success. Then I deleted all files and extracted the .zip again, set permissions/owner, and it worked. No further configurations changed.

whis...@gmail.com

May 1, 2017, 10:01:06 PM5/1/17
to iDempiere
Thank you!!

Pointed me in the right direction.

Simply deleted all the .fileTabLock files and other .fileTable.* files.

Idempiete server started up and no problems.

Cheers

El miércoles, 28 de diciembre de 2016, 14:54:02 (UTC-5), Martin Schönbeck escribió:
Hi Djoudi,

try to remove (or rename to something garbage) the directory org.eclipse.osgi in setup/configuration

Regards
Martin

Chuck Boecking

Jul 18, 2017, 1:59:44 PM7/18/17
to iDempiere
For future reference, the Linux commands to accomplish deleting the .fileTableLock and .fileTable.* files are:
  • sudo -u idempiere find /opt/idempiere-server/ -name '.fileTableLock*' -delete
  • sudo -u idempiere find /opt/idempiere-server/ -name '.fileTable.*' -delete
I hope this helps!

Chuck Boecking
512.850.6068 (office and cell)
chuck@chuboe.com
www.ChuckBoecking.com

Chuck Boecking

Jul 18, 2017, 2:54:38 PM7/18/17
to iDempiere
Team, while this action DOES resolve the issue with running console-setup.sh. Be aware that it ALSO removes every plugin. Therefore, it does not seem desirable in most cases.

Chuck

Hiep Lq

Jul 18, 2017, 10:42:04 PM7/18/17
to iDempiere
for your case, maybe it relative to SELinux? if SELinux is on try to off it to make sure reason.

when you are confirmed reason from SELinux, just correct configuration.

i normal put all user have right to run idempiere server on group call $ID_SVI_GROUP and do below command

setfacl -dRm g:$ID_SVI_GROUP:rwx $ID_SRV_HOME_ROOT/$idServiceName
setfacl -Rm g:$ID_SVI_GROUP:rwx $ID_SRV_HOME_ROOT/$idServiceName

setfacl -dRm g:$ID_SETUP_GROUP:rwx $ID_SRV_HOME_ROOT/$idServiceName
setfacl -Rm g:$ID_SETUP_GROUP:rwx $ID_SRV_HOME_ROOT/$idServiceName