Unable to complete my installation for development: Error while running install.console.app in Eclipse

Walter Roncada

Mar 11, 2016, 7:55:21 PM3/11/16
to iDempiere
Hi Community,
This is my first installation of the development environment for iDempiere. I have follow the instructions in http://wiki.idempiere.org/en/Installing_iDempiere to the dot more than once. Nonetheless, when i reach the "Run the Setup" step of http://wiki.idempiere.org/en/Developing_Plug-Ins_-_Setup_the_workspace#PostgreSQL I always run into the following error and can not proceed:
!SESSION 2016-03-11 19:39:51.968 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_80
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
Framework arguments:  -application org.adempiere.install.console-application
Command-line arguments:  -application org.adempiere.install.console-application -data /svn/ERPREPO/DEV/../runtime-install.console.app -dev file:/svn/ERPREPO/DEV/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/install.console.app/dev.properties -os linux -arch x86_64 -consoleLog

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2016-03-11 19:39:53.780
!MESSAGE org.compiere.install.console.ConsoleInstallApplication cannot be found by org.adempiere.install_3.1.0.qualifier
!STACK 0
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.compiere.install.console.ConsoleInstallApplication cannot be found by org.adempiere.install_3.1.0.qualifier
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:432)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:345)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:337)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:160)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.loadClass(EquinoxBundle.java:568)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:174)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:905)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:191)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1438)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2016-03-11 19:39:53.795
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in org.adempiere.install was unable to load class org.compiere.install.console.ConsoleInstallApplication.
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.throwException(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:194)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:176)
[...]
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.compiere.install.console.ConsoleInstallApplication cannot be found by org.adempiere.install_3.1.0.qualifier
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:432)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:345)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:337)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:160)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.loadClass(EquinoxBundle.java:568)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:174)
... 16 more
An error has occurred. See the log file
/svn/ERPREPO/DEV/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/install.console.app/1457743192268.log.

Would anyone be able to help me find a solution? Thanks a Lot.

redhuan d. oon

Mar 12, 2016, 4:20:01 AM3/12/16
to iDempiere
Give some details about your environment, your machine, OS, etc

Walter Roncada

Mar 12, 2016, 12:26:59 PM3/12/16
to iDempiere
Thanks for your reply. I have attached the files with info on my environment and the errors from Eclipse.
Please let me know if anything is missing and I will send again.
Thanks
computer-details.png
Eclipse-error-message.txt
Eclipse-error-message-1.png
Eclipse-event-details-1.txt
OS-details.png

redhuan d. oon

Mar 12, 2016, 10:00:48 PM3/12/16
to iDempiere
There is an Eclipse error message you did not mention earlier and that is probably the real issue. Solve that first in your source.

Anozi Mada

Mar 12, 2016, 10:36:57 PM3/12/16
to iDempiere
Usually when I have a problem with my eclipse workspace, I do the following steps
- Re-run Materialize from Buckminster MSPEC
- Menu Project >> Clean ... >> Clean all projects, Start a build immediately, Build the entire workspace
- Run/Debug Configuration >> Tab Plug-ins >> Click Add Required Plug-ins >> Apply
- Restart Eclipse
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Maybe you can give it a shot.

Walter Roncada

Mar 13, 2016, 4:21:37 PM3/13/16
to iDempiere
Painful installation, lots of trials and errors and reinstall everything. Finally got it passed the before last step in the instructions.
The very last one is:

Start the Application

If you have done everything right, you are now able to start the server and develop for iDempiere. To start the server, once again go to the Run Configurations but this time chose the server.product. Run it and after you see the message "WebUIServlet.init: iDempiere Web Client started successfully", you can access the WebUI on via a webbrowser of your choice on http://<host>:<port>/webui

===================================

However

A) I get this error:

15:59:35.591-----------> DB.isBuildOK: Build Version Error

The program assumes build version 3.1.0.qualifier, but database has build version ${env.ADEMPIERE_VERSION} 20080428-1232.

This is likely to cause hard to fix errors.

Please contact administrator. [16]

15:59:35.754 Language.getLanguage: Adding Language=en, Country=US, Locale=en_US [16]

15:59:35.758 Language.getLanguage: Adding Language=en, Country=US, Locale=en_US [16]

15:59:35.852 WebEnv.initWeb: Servlet Context Init Parameters: iDempiere Root

ServerRoot=1 [16]

15:59:35.868-----------> EMail.setFrom: you @ company.org: javax.mail.internet.AddressException: Local address contains control or whitespace in string ``you @ company.org'' [16]

15:59:35.873-----------> EMail.addTo: you @ company.org: javax.mail.internet.AddressException: Local address contains control or whitespace in string ``you @ company.org'' [16]

15

for which there is a reply in the forum : "...Build version error is not fatal but due to ongoing developmental migration script not in sync. In most circumstances system launches well. ..." OK, it does launch but this warning above is very worrisome: "This is likely to cause hard to fix errors. " Is there a way to fix this? Could anybody tell me which script and location is looking for this environment variable?

B) Run it and after you see the message "WebUIServlet.init: iDempiere Web Client started successfully",

I don't get this message. Instead it stops and hangs at the osgi> prompt.

I'm lost here, anybody? Thanks in advance.

redhuan d. oon

Mar 14, 2016, 5:23:52 AM3/14/16
to iDempiere
That is OK and usually non fatal because you are setting up a developer environment which fetches the latest code updates. You just need to have an equivalent dated database. You can do that by downloading the latest binary and set it up and do a RUN_ImportIdempiere to get the latest database build.

Walter Roncada

Mar 14, 2016, 11:23:51 AM3/14/16
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Dear Redhuan,
Thanks for you reply. I inspected the RUN_ImportIdempiere.sh script but it appears that my environment is missing some variables, in particular $IDEMPIERE_HOME. Several scripts in the utils dir dependes on myEnvironment.sh for which there is a template myEnvironmentTemplate.sh which shouldn't be edited but it refers to RUN_Setup.sh which is not in the distribution.
Could you help me with this? Also, a last question. Is it possible to setup the server running only these shell scripts or has it be built by running Eclipse?
Thanks a lot for your help.
Walter

Walter Roncada

Mar 15, 2016, 6:53:19 PM3/15/16
to iDempiere
I was able to resolve the issues I had. It took me several rounds of re-installation plus building idempiere without eclipse. In the end I don't know how it was fixed but will close this post as resolved.

redhuan d. oon

Mar 16, 2016, 2:13:13 AM3/16/16
to iDempiere
Apps server is run from <home>/<binary>/utils/ ./idempiere-server.sh
No source code or Eclipse needed.

redhuan d. oon

Mar 16, 2016, 2:18:05 AM3/16/16
to iDempiere
If confused, just follow this simple cheatsheet:
Setup Java, DB
<idempiere-home>setup for properties,
<i-h>/utils/ImportIDempiere for database,
<i-h>idempiere-server is launched.