codepoints file support

Lou-adrien Fabre

May 15, 2015, 6:40:56 AM5/15/15
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Hello everybody,
I was just wondering if anybody found a way to support that feature? It would be useful when using other tools to handle font-creation along with icomoon, to make sure each of the generated icons unicode are preserved.

Cheers,

Keyamoon

May 15, 2015, 6:54:49 AM5/15/15
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Hi there. What do you mean by a "codepoints file"? Could you explain the feature in more detail? To preserve the codes, you can always import the "selection.json" file which is included in every font pack generated by IcoMoon.

Lou-adrien Fabre

Aug 1, 2015, 2:21:38 AM8/1/15
to IcoMoon
Sorry I didn't get any mail notification for your answer ...
Let me be more specific : I was asking about support for a "codepoints file" submitted into the app, that could come from any others apps, which would automatically assign code to the glyphs (basically submit a file to be able to setup all the glyph code at once).
These "codepoints file" are just a big JSON file which saves all the icon ids along with what unicode values they were associated with. This is very useful when you are already working with an existing font and it's really important to maintain the unicode value (for people using font use pseudo element in following form for example :

&:before {
    content: "\f144";
}

You can see some other font-tools offer this feature, for example grunt-webfont (search for codepointsFile in the readme). I am also submitting a sample file attached.
This is the one feature preventing me from completely moving to IcoMoon :)

Btw, if you have some kind of public repository I can probably help on the implementation.
Cheers,

codepoints file sample.json

Keyamoon

Aug 7, 2015, 2:36:20 AM8/7/15
to IcoMoon
Sorry about the delay.

If you import SVG fonts to the IcoMoon app, it'll load their code points as well. I've been planning to add support for importing TTF fonts too. But for now, importing SVG fonts should be enough in cases where you're working with existing fonts.

Lou-adrien Fabre

Aug 12, 2015, 8:24:57 AM8/12/15
to IcoMoon
Well the font I currently have to deal with is only available in ttf, and the exporter to SVG font i could find did not preserve the names of the glyphes, so I am gonna have to wait for the feature :)

Great work anyhow,
thanks

ashish...@zomato.com

Nov 17, 2015, 8:21:45 AM11/17/15
to IcoMoon
The codepoints file you attached is the the file which we use for "grunt-webfont" ?
Actually i am trying to map icons using "codepointsFile" option but its not picking up unicode from the codepoints file.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.