Icomoon site fonts look fine in Chrome on Win, but not on our web application

kshan...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2016, 10:40:35 AM7/8/16
to IcoMoon
Icomoon site shows icons smooth, while they appear pixelated in Chrome/IE (latest version of both) in our web application.

thanks!

Keyamoon

Jul 8, 2016, 10:42:21 AM7/8/16
to IcoMoon
Check the generated "demo.html" file. Do you see any issues there?

kshan...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2016, 10:48:15 AM7/8/16
to IcoMoon
Yes. Pixelated there as well. Even when I click on the Generate Font button, that preview page (same as demo I am guessing) has pixelation as well.

Keyamoon

Jul 8, 2016, 10:51:44 AM7/8/16
to IcoMoon
Are you using a virtual machine? Do you see this issue with icons included in the IcoMoon app or your own imported icons?

Please attach the generated zip file for further investigation.

kshan...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2016, 11:01:30 AM7/8/16
to IcoMoon
I dont see anywhere to attach a file, so I placed it on box.net

https://app.box.com/s/eacalsiqfxldzwligj4mbm5p0a08qzjd

The screen I choose fonts from looks perfect no matter what size I change them to. The generated version doesnt.

thanks!
Shane

kshan...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2016, 11:05:36 AM7/8/16
to IcoMoon
I also added a screenshot

https://app.box.com/s/4656j9q1sfj5exw3hh2xs2z0fkbvq7hf

Note that IE (win 10) looks fine as well.

Keyamoon

Jul 8, 2016, 11:23:37 AM7/8/16
to IcoMoon
I don't see this issue on my Windows machine. I tested both IE and Chrome. This issue is most likely caused by a problem with DirectWrite. It could be caused by an issue with the graphics card, or another issue with your Windows setup. To check if DirectWrite is disabled in Chrome, you could enter "chrome://flags" in Chrome's address bar.

kshan...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2016, 11:30:52 AM7/8/16
to IcoMoon
I enabled DW. It looks improved, but not totally smooth as IE shows or even the icomoon font selection page. I will assume most users will not have DirectWrite enabled if it is considered 'experimental.' So, not sure what most users will see.

thanks for looking into it.

Cheers,
Shane

Keyamoon

Jul 8, 2016, 11:40:06 AM7/8/16
to IcoMoon
It's not experimental in the latest version of Chrome and should be enabled by default, unless there's an incompatibility issue with the GPU or something else is wrong.

Keyamoon

Jul 8, 2016, 11:51:29 AM7/8/16
to IcoMoon
And regarding the selection tab, it's using SVGs.