Feature Request: SCSS, SASS, LESS

marchenko...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2013, 4:47:31 AM9/12/13
to ico...@googlegroups.com
It will be wery nice if with css file there will be scss file so we could include it into our main stylesheet

dbo...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2013, 6:14:11 AM9/15/13
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Even better would be a Sass partial. E.g. "_style.scss".

Keyamoon

Sep 15, 2013, 11:45:35 AM9/15/13
to ico...@googlegroups.com
why not include the css file in sass? css files are valid sass files too.

Mike Suiter

Sep 19, 2013, 7:53:34 AM9/19/13
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I just changed the extension to .scss and it works just fine.

michae...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2014, 5:59:05 AM3/11/14
to ico...@googlegroups.com
+1 Would be great to have a SASS mixin for each icon

shadow...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2016, 5:11:01 AM8/12/16
to IcoMoon
Any news about sass support?

Keyamoon

Aug 12, 2016, 5:23:18 AM8/12/16
to IcoMoon
They have been supported for a long time now. Check the Preferences panel. Press "Generate Stylesheet Variables" and choose the format you'd like.

Kris Meister

Sep 8, 2016, 12:44:30 PM9/8/16
to IcoMoon
@keyamoon

This a good option. Maybe rename to something which says 'Include SASS output'

It would be nice if LESS was available as well.
Our project uses LESS.

Keyamoon

Sep 8, 2016, 12:49:35 PM9/8/16
to IcoMoon
Sass, Less and Stylus are already supported.

Kris Meister

Sep 9, 2016, 4:17:21 AM9/9/16
to IcoMoon
Now i found it. Thanks not sure how I missed it (both) the first times.
Message has been deleted

Edwin

Nov 15, 2016, 5:45:28 AM11/15/16
to IcoMoon
Some suggestions for sass :)

Any chance the content of variables.scss could be translated to a $map?
This way we can easily loop through all the variables.

By using a $map in variables.scss you can replace all the classes in style.scss by one small @each loop.
(in our case that would save 1200 lines :))

I'd actually prefer the classes where generated in a separate file from the font generic stuff (font-face, font-style, ...).
That way we can easily exclude stuff we don't need.

style.scss (could import the other files so you still have one entrance)
_variables.scss (icons map)
_font.scss (embeded font)
_icons.scss (loop generating icon classes)

That way we can simply take what we need and skip/replace the rest.
At the moment it's all or nothing, which is a bit sad when offering sass.

With the above changes one could, for example, replace _icons.scss with their own version that does some additional stuff without having to open/edit the file each time you export a new icon set.