Icons -1 pixel off from original

Derrick Pina

Feb 24, 2016, 10:34:13 AM2/24/16
to IcoMoon
Hello,
I imported a legacy icon set into icomoon that a third party used to maintain for me, with the goal of taking the font maintenance in house through icomoon. I imported the svg version of the legacy icon font. Everything seemed to be fine but I made a comparison page to check alignment of my new icomoon font with the original, and it's 1 pixel too high. Using the baseline adjustment I can only seem to make it higher or lower than the original, I cannot get it to line up perfectly, even with granular adjustments. If I go into an individual icon and use move up or down I can get it to line up but there are over 400 icons.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how I can get them to line up? Here is a screenshot of what I am describing, the legacy icon is red, the icomoon is black.

Thanks for your time,
Derrick Pina

Keyamoon

Feb 24, 2016, 11:26:17 AM2/24/16
to IcoMoon
You can adjust the vertical alignment of your glyphs by changing the baseline height option in the Preferences panel of the Font tab in the IcoMoon app. You can find this under "Font Metrics". As you change the baseline height, you can see how the alignment changes in the Font tab itself.

Derrick Pina

Feb 24, 2016, 1:44:21 PM2/24/16
to IcoMoon
Thank you. I was trying that without success, it was either ending up too high or too low. However I upped my grid size from 16px to 32px and that seemed to give the ability to adjust the baseline more precisely.