Some Icons not working in Windows Chrome

Anatol

Jun 30, 2015, 10:15:38 AM6/30/15
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

after hours I´m close to bite into my keyboard. Maybe one can help.

I´ve created some icons. And packed them in a ligature-font with Icomoon.

Problem: on Windows Chrome (no matter what version) some icons are rendered others
not. I´ve tried everything I have heard of,

- using PUA,
- reordered files in @font-face
- recreated files with font-squirrel

nothing is working so far:

Here is a fiddle http://jsfiddle.net/4oes7oz3/ which should render an icon on Windows / Firefox but
not on Chrome. (used base64 here because of cross-domain restriction).

This is not related to any specific Windows version (yes I´ve tested all of them).

Icon was generated with illustator CS6 and exported with attached settings.
Find the testfont attached.

More than thankful for any hint.

Cheers,

anatol

testfont.eot
testfont.svg
testfont.ttf
testfont.woff

Anatol

Jun 30, 2015, 10:30:54 AM6/30/15
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Note: (as I cannot edit the post). The fiddle is not meaningful as I did something wrong there with font-face. Anyway. the problem still exists.
Please find attached the svg.
ligatures-icon-18.svg

Anatol

Jun 30, 2015, 5:38:03 PM6/30/15
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Okay I could broke down my problem a bit.

The not showing Icons appear in Chrome
when I add a blank space after them:

                                    v [blank space]

Any clues why this works or what do I have to do to make those
icons work without blank space?

Anatol

Jul 1, 2015, 6:20:30 AM7/1/15
to ico...@googlegroups.com
I currently fix this like this:

if (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("Win")!=-1 && /chrom(e|ium)/.test(navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase())){
 $
('.my-icons').append('\n  &nbsp;');
}

Thankful if one has a clue what´s wrong with the icons,
in other words why Chrome needs space after the some ligature to
render some.

cheers,

– anatol