Cannot create font icon from SVG file

Gpiaton - Axiom

Apr 4, 2016, 8:33:12 AM4/4/16
to IcoMoon
Dear all,
I hope you can help. I am trying to create a font icon from the attached svg file.
I downloaded this svg file from Iconfinder: https://www.iconfinder.com/icons/216215/flow_switch_icon#size=512

When I generate a font icon file using the IcoMoon app, the resulting file is empty.

Can you please explain step by step what I have to do?
Please note that I am not a developer but I can get assistance from a developer if needed.

Thank you in advance for your help!

melanie.w...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2016, 11:22:50 AM4/4/16
to IcoMoon
I have the same problem, my SVGs aren't uploading ...

Keyamoon

Apr 4, 2016, 11:50:11 AM4/4/16
to IcoMoon
The SVG you linked to works fine.

How did you check to see if the font was empty? See this: https://icomoon.io/#faq/empty-font

gotelenn...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2016, 7:06:01 AM4/5/16
to IcoMoon
Hi Keyamoon,
Thanks for your reply.
The SVG file that I get after downloading my icon was empty.
I tried your tip to assign Latin character codes to my glyph. Now the svg file is still empty but the ttf file is not anymore: my icon appears there, in place of the first letter of the latin characters I have entered for my glyph (e.g. vi).

Can you please explain further the use of the latin character and what I excatly have to do?
What shall I enter in the fields 'HTML entity', 'Character'?

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Keyamoon

Apr 5, 2016, 7:34:38 AM4/5/16
to IcoMoon
If you unzip the generated zip file and open the "demo.html" file, you would see a list all the glyphs in your font. There is a field at the bottom right corner of each of these glyphs that contains the character assigned to your icon. You could use this demo.html file as a reference to find the character assigned to each glyph.

As it is mentioned in the FAQ, the font is not empty. Operating systems just don't normally show non-latin characters. But the glyphs are there.

Other ways of copying the character assigned to your glyphs: https://icomoon.io/img/copying-char.gif

In order to customize the characters assigned to your glyphs, press the "U+" button in the toolbar of the font tab.