Problem importing SVG - only part gets imported

giji...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2015, 2:49:23 PM7/2/15
to ico...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to upload an svg and only part of the graphic is imported. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Jim Johnson

Jul 2, 2015, 2:55:15 PM7/2/15
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Here is a link to the svg I'm trying to import: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g3m4oslk4ez55nb/Tufts_GASEngineering.svg?dl=0

Keyamoon

Jul 2, 2015, 3:27:34 PM7/2/15
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Your SVG gets imported properly for me. See the attached screenshot. What browser/OS are you using?

jim.j...@mstoner.com

Jul 2, 2015, 3:35:02 PM7/2/15
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Keyamoon...I think you grabbed the wrong image though. That's not the image I'm trying to import.

Keyamoon

Jul 2, 2015, 3:47:38 PM7/2/15
to ico...@googlegroups.com
You're right. Sorry.

IcoMoon ignores strokes and types by default. You need to "Expand" them into regular "fills". In Illustrator, you can do that using Object > Expand, after selecting your stroke/type.

See the attached SVG.
Tufts_GASEngineering.svg