Icon becomes a basic square.

xama...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2015, 8:22:13 PM8/13/15
to IcoMoon
So I download the font, uploaded the style.css along with the fonts.
The style.css looks like this (I had to manually update the links, you can check them. They do exist and work.)

@font-face {
font-family: 'cookingicon';
src:url('http://files.enjin.com/1059774/Customfiles/Fonts/cookingicon.eot?dxaxry');
src:url('http://files.enjin.com/1059774/Customfiles/Fonts/cookingicon.eot?#iefixdxaxry') format('embedded-opentype'),
url('http://files.enjin.com/1059774/Customfiles/Fonts/cookingicon.ttf?dxaxry') format('truetype'),
url('http://files.enjin.com/1059774/Customfiles/Fonts/cookingicon.woff?dxaxry') format('woff'),
url('http://files.enjin.com/1059774/Customfiles/Fonts/cookingicon.svg?dxaxry#cookingicon') format('svg');
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
}

[class^="cooking-icon"], [class*=" cooking-icon"] {
font-family: 'cookingicon';
speak: none;
font-style: normal;
font-weight: normal;
font-variant: normal;
text-transform: none;
line-height: 1;

/* Better Font Rendering =========== */
-webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;
-moz-osx-font-smoothing: grayscale;
}

.cooking-iconCooking_icon:before {
content: "\e600";
}

yet, when I try and load the font in html with:

And yes, I do have the stylesheet linked in my html correctly. As a matter of fact if I change the class in the html, it loads nothing because the class doesn't exist. However, it loads a square that looks like this instead of my custom icon:
http://i.imgur.com/rmKk2AB.jpg

for sake of clarity, this is how the icon is supposed to be like:
http://i.imgur.com/Y5N0E0j.jpg

I have provided as much information as I can and I really hope you can help me out.

Thanks.

Keyamoon

Aug 14, 2015, 3:08:46 AM8/14/15
to IcoMoon
Does the icon show up in the generated demo.html?

xama...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2015, 7:08:46 AM8/14/15
to IcoMoon
It does when the references to the font files are local i.e: 'fonts/fontname.ttf'

When I change them to the link where they have been uploaded, it just becomes a square. I tried pasting the link behind the '?-xxxxx'prefixes, and deleting them too. Neither prevail, same result. Anyone other way I can find to refer to them?

Keyamoon

Aug 14, 2015, 7:40:51 AM8/14/15
to IcoMoon
Maybe you're having a CORS issue. To see if it's a CORS issue, enable "Quick Usage" in the font tab and use the links that IcoMoon provides.