When I upload a certain SVG, icomoon generates the code for it with tons of path classes, any idea what's going on?

jonmc...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2017, 5:11:36 PM3/6/17
to IcoMoon

I'm working on an icon font and one particular SVG when imported into icomoon is turning into multiple glyphs in the font instead of just 1 I'm not sure why and want help. How would I make this into just 1 glyph.

It appears to set each layer in the svg as a separate glyph, I don't want that I want just glyph for this icon like the other icons in my font.

Gif showing the 8 classes or so icomoon generates to make this possible.
http://pocket-giants.d.pr/NzQV+

SVG file is at:
http://pocket-giants.d.pr/rvIR

I'm assuming I need to edit the SVG to fix this but upon comparing it to my other svgs I'm not sure what's really different.

Keyamoon

Mar 6, 2017, 5:14:47 PM3/6/17
to IcoMoon
You should see a "multicolor" warning in the "Generate Font" tab of the IcoMoon app. Click on it to see the explanation and how to prevent this behavior.

ry...@rydersdesign.com

Jun 21, 2017, 4:39:35 PM6/21/17
to IcoMoon
what if we want multicolor fonts, can we get control of the path names?

Keyamoon

Jun 21, 2017, 4:55:01 PM6/21/17
to IcoMoon
That's not currently possible. But you could obviously edit the generated CSS after downloading the font pack.