My SVG from InkScape is blank on importing.

subjecti...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2015, 7:37:13 AM4/30/15
to ico...@googlegroups.com
I'm using InkScape to convert .png files into .svg files for use as icons in Ionic.

Ionic forums sent me to Icomoon but my plain .svgs (not InkScape .svgs, they are saved as plain) just show up blank when I import them.

I'd upload one to show you but I can't see how...

Keyamoon

Apr 30, 2015, 8:20:13 AM4/30/15
to ico...@googlegroups.com
You can attach it here. If you couldn't find the attach button, you could use services like dropbox or google drive.

subjecti...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2015, 9:07:53 AM4/30/15
to ico...@googlegroups.com

philipp...@wikitude.com

Dec 14, 2016, 5:21:12 PM12/14/16
to IcoMoon
This might be a real old issue, but I found out what the problem was/is.

Inkscape saves the svg files slightly different than Adobe Illustrator. This caused my problems, that svg Custom icons looked different as soon as I saved it with Inkscape.

This happened with Inkscape 0.48b, but now I upgraded Inkscape to 0.91 and when I save my svg as "Normal SVG" it works perfectly in Ionic 2.