searching and copying to a set annoyance

artd...@googlemail.com

Mar 20, 2015, 7:06:23 AM3/20/15
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Often I have a set I have created for a site and want to add another icon. I search for the icon, select and use the copy to set function. Then I clear the search. If I search for another icon and copy that one I find the previous icon is still selected and gets copied again.

I would suggest you deselect icons after they have been copied into a set to avoid having to search through all the icons to find and deselect previously chosen icons.

I also would love to see a select all function in the set drop down actions. I have never wanted to generate a font with only some of the icons in a set and it is cumbersome to have to keep selecting them all every time I need to generate the font.

Keyamoon

Mar 20, 2015, 9:35:59 AM3/20/15
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the feedback. But what if you want to keep your selection after copying? With your suggestion, the selection will be lost. "Copy Selection to Set" doesn't imply that the selection will be lost. It only means that the selected icons would be copied.

Regarding your second request, there already exists such an option in the menu on top-right of each set. It's called "Select All/None". This option lets you select all or deselect all the icons. You may need to use it once or twice, depending on your current selection.

Keyamoon

Mar 20, 2015, 12:40:19 PM3/20/15
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Update: To make it more clear and easier to use, I have now separated the "Select All/None" button into two different buttons: "Select All" and "Deselect".

Keyamoon

Mar 22, 2015, 1:06:16 PM3/22/15
to ico...@googlegroups.com
I made the "Copy Selection to Set" option remove the selection but instead the newly copied icons would get selected so that the selection wouldn't be lost.