Using a Font for the PRINT

Fabien Dronkert

Aug 8, 2015, 11:12:39 AM8/8/15
to IcoMoon
Hello all,

When I use a font in Adobe Illustrator, there is a glyph that does not appear in the Glyph window.

There is 24 glyphs, and I assigned to each one letter : a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x

The Glyph with the letter " x " does not appear in the Glyph window.
So I added the same glyph (with a different name) and with the letter " y " And it's ok, I see the glyph in the window, but only one time. I don't know if it's the glyph with " x " letter or " y".

Is there anyone can explain to me the problem?

Sorry for my english.

Thanks !

Fabien

Keyamoon

Aug 8, 2015, 11:49:44 AM8/8/15
to IcoMoon
Hi,

Does that icon appear in the generated demo.html? If it does, then that glyph exists in the font. Please try renaming the font from Generate Font > Preferences before downloading the font; and then reinstall it to make sure there's no problem with the OS loading an older version of the font.

If you couldn't figure out what's causing the problem, you could attach the generated zip and I'll take a look.

Fabien Dronkert

Aug 9, 2015, 9:21:49 AM8/9/15
to IcoMoon
Hello Keyamoon,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes the icon appear in the generated demo.html. And i can use it if I use the letter "x". It just don't appear in the glyph window of Illustrator. In the logiciel Adobe Indesign, the 2 icons appear normaly ine the Glyph window :

If I try to rename the icon and regenerate the font with an other letter, the same problem appear..

It's possible that the last glyph in the font does not appear in Illustrator (due to a bug ?) ?

Thank you !!!

Fabien

test.zip

Keyamoon

Aug 9, 2015, 9:27:00 AM8/9/15
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Hmm; yeah that might be a bug in that glyph panel because as you mentioned, the font would work fine both as a webfont and also when you type the character. IcoMoon's fonts are generated according to the TTF spec.

You might want to try using ligatures. That way, you can type "en" in Illustrator for the corresponding icon to appear.

Fabien Dronkert

Aug 9, 2015, 9:47:23 AM8/9/15
to IcoMoon
OK.. thanks for the tip with the ligatures !

And thank you very much for this application if you are a staff member !!

Fabien