Newbee - Icon font for both web and mobile platforms?

19 katselukertaa
Siirry ensimmäiseen lukemattomaan viestiin

Henrik Juhl

lukematon,
3.6.2015 klo 3.33.103.6.2015
vastaanottaja ico...@googlegroups.com
Hey forum

I'm working on a big icon set for a client and so far we've used one unified set for both website and mobile platforms (iOS, Android and Windows).
But the set is slowly growing with more glyphs and now I'm wondering if we should divide things into seperate sets?

Has anyone here dealt with the same problem?

Thanks :-)

/Henrik

Keyamoon

lukematon,
3.6.2015 klo 9.29.253.6.2015
vastaanottaja ico...@googlegroups.com

If you are going to use the same icons both on mobile and desktop, then I don’t see a need for separating the set. The final file size of the fonts matters more than the number of icons. I would say that if the size of your WOFF or TTF font files is less than 60KB, stick with one font. Separating the font would have the drawback of additional HTTP requests. Ultimately, you would have to test and see which approach works best in your case.

Henrik Juhl

lukematon,
3.6.2015 klo 9.54.193.6.2015
vastaanottaja ico...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

No, not all of the icons are represented on both platforms. There are actually 30 more icons used on desktop, but the rest is shared between them.
Well, we need to sit down with the whole dev-team to discuss this.
Thanks for the reply anyway :)

/H
Vastaa kaikille
Vastaa kirjoittajalle