Can Icons be transparent please? - Question rather than a request!

robertwi...@googlemail.com

Jun 11, 2016, 10:51:23 AM6/11/16
to IcoMoon
Hi,

I'm trying to create an icon that is black and transparent and am struggling to do so.

I have created the SVG file OK (in Affinity Designer), it has a black strokes and a transparent background.

When I upload the SVG to Icooon it appears correctly. When I create a font from the icon, the font created appears to be have the black foreground correctly with a white background.

After downloading the font, when we use the character/icon in our web app, it appears that the background is not transparent after all, but white.

Searching through the forums doesn't seem to help which makes me thing that the colours are either white or black and transparency is not supported.

have we missed something vital?

Happy to share svg files etc

Thanks

Rob

robertwi...@googlemail.com

Jun 11, 2016, 10:52:56 AM6/11/16
to IcoMoon
Forgot to add, the reasons for doing this are to have a black foreground on a yellow background, so two tone icons.

Thanks

Rob

Keyamoon

Jun 11, 2016, 10:56:36 AM6/11/16
to IcoMoon
Please attach a sample SVG. Make sure you're not using white fills. Instead of using white fills, use subtraction to make transparent "holes".