Overriding SVG Icon Height

daniel.m...@coyote.com

Mar 23, 2015, 12:28:56 PM3/23/15
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Hi! Thanks for the great free service!

I had a question about the "Override Size" option in the preferences modal when generating SVG icons. When setting a px value, is the generated CSS file supposed to use pixel values for height and width instead of ems? Thanks again!
--
Coyote Logistics, LLC is a licensed Property Broker (MC# 561135-B).
http://www.coyote.com/disclaimer/

Keyamoon

Mar 23, 2015, 12:39:02 PM3/23/15
to ico...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It always uses pixels right now. By default the size of the icons is determined by the preview size which you see in the SVG tab. The "Override Size" option lets you change the size to any arbitrary number.

daniel.m...@coyote.com

Mar 23, 2015, 12:53:28 PM3/23/15
to ico...@googlegroups.com
That's what I thought, but I the generated CSS file that's included in the download only uses ems for icon widths and height. Is there something I could be doing incorrectly? Thanks.

Keyamoon

Mar 23, 2015, 12:59:17 PM3/23/15
to ico...@googlegroups.com
That's right. But since the icons are in vector, it is not needed to use pixel values there. Using "em" would let you control the size of the icons by changing the "font-size" of the parent element; which makes it much easier to use and more flexible.

daniel.m...@coyote.com

Mar 23, 2015, 1:18:51 PM3/23/15
to ico...@googlegroups.com
OK, thanks for the info!