installation instructions (that works)

Attila Heidrich

Feb 16, 2017, 8:38:21 AM2/16/17
to icatgroup
Dear Guys!

I have been trying to install ICAT server since a few days, without any real result.

The packed installer doesn't work.
Not even a single component installation works.
No usable clues on what the parameters in .properties files really mean.

Kinda difficult to step further.

To be more specific:

I use Ubuntu 16.04, Oracle Java 8, and Wildfly 10.
MySQL RDBMS, already added to Wildfly as non-XA datasourse (couldn't find info on XA/non-XA anyway)

I recon auth.anon should be the very simple component, should install in a few seconds, but...

.properties:

secure         = false
container      = wildfly
home           = /opt/wildfly-10.1.0.Final
port           = 9990

command:

$ python setup install

results:

Domain's config directory /opt/wildfly-10.1.0.Final/config does not exist
Setup is not complete

Install instructions say home must contain jboss-modules.jar. That's the only directory which contains it by default.

Later I copied jboss-modules.jar to $HOME/icat, and also created a config directory here, now I have got a new error message:

root@icat:~/authn.anon# ./setup install
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./setup", line 14, in <module>
    actions, arg, props = getActions("authn_anon-setup.properties", [])
  File "/home/ubuntu/authn.anon/setup_utils.py", line 103, in getActions
    elif container == "wildfly": actions = WildflyActions(props, options)
  File "/home/ubuntu/authn.anon/setup_utils.py", line 308, in __init__
    out, err, rc = self.execute(cmd)
  File "/home/ubuntu/authn.anon/setup_utils.py", line 164, in execute
    proc = subprocess.Popen(cmd, stdout=subprocess.PIPE, stderr=subprocess.PIPE)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 711, in __init__
    errread, errwrite)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1343, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

And this is - I guess - the simplest module.

My main problem is, that:

documentation is very brief, do not really contains the necessary information. no explanation at all
setup env is buggy. there are example .properties files, where the default key names are reported as obsolated
it wouldn't be a problem if installation works, but not at all.

Please help me to install a simple auth and the server!

Attila

Steve Fisher

Feb 16, 2017, 8:59:28 AM2/16/17
to icatgroup
The instructions for the icat.server say in the prerequisites:

A suitable deployed container. The installation scripts support Glassfish and to a lesser extent WildFly. Testing has been carried out with Glassfish 4.0. Glassfish installation instructions are available.

Getting WildFly to work is trickier than was expected.  See https://icatproject.org/installation/glassfish/

Steve

Attila Heidrich

Feb 16, 2017, 10:12:25 AM2/16/17
to icatgroup
Thanks for the answer!

I have read that, but I have got some experience with WildFly, this is why I choose that Server.
The .properties files contain some Wildfly specific data as well as for Glassfish.

Anyway, installing Glassfish itself is easy, but the other parts of the installation (ICAT components) still don't work.

I return with more specific data soon.

jody...@stfc.ac.uk

Feb 16, 2017, 10:34:56 AM2/16/17
to attila....@gmail.com, icat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Attila,

If it helps I have a Vagrant setup which installs an ICAT, IDS and Topcat on an Ubuntu virtual machine:

https://github.com/icatproject/topcat/blob/master/Vagrantfile

This is to be used for Dev purposes only. But you can build it by first installing VirtualBox, then Vagrant (https://www.vagrantup.com/), if you are using Windows comment out:

config.vm.synced_folder '.', '/vagrant', nfs: true

i.e.:

#config.vm.synced_folder '.', '/vagrant', nfs: true

then run the following:

git clone https://github.com/icatproject/topcat.git
cd topcat
vagrant up

once installed you should be able to use Topcat by going to:

https://localhost:8181/topcat/ping

then make a security exception (because it doesn’t have a valid ssl certificate)

and then by going to:

https://localhost:10080

You can log into "Lorum Ipsum Light Source” with username “root” and password “root”.

Jody

jody...@stfc.ac.uk

Feb 16, 2017, 10:36:43 AM2/16/17
to attila....@gmail.com, icat...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I meant:

http://localhost:10080

(i.e. no “https”)

Jody
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to icatgroup+...@googlegroups.com.

Attila Heidrich

Feb 16, 2017, 11:52:44 AM2/16/17
to icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com

Also looks very useful!

I will use the content, but for the first time I try to prevent using Virtualbox. I prefer Docker, but finally I would like to use Openstack.

Better for me first time to follow the installation step-by-step.

Steve Fisher

Feb 16, 2017, 12:31:15 PM2/16/17
to icatgroup
It would be useful to know which route you took through the documentation. All the property files are described in some detail.  For example below https://repo.icatproject.org/site/icat/server/4.8.0/ you will find: https://repo.icatproject.org/site/icat/server/4.8.0/installation.html for the icat.server v 4.8.0

Steve

Attila Heidrich

Feb 20, 2017, 4:57:26 AM2/20/17
to icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com
Is it necessary to use the old 32bit versions?

Steve Fisher

Feb 20, 2017, 6:04:09 AM2/20/17

On Monday, 20 February 2017 09:57:26 UTC, Attila Heidrich wrote:
Is it necessary to use the old 32bit versions?

Old 32 bit versions of what?

Attila Heidrich

Feb 20, 2017, 7:47:17 AM2/20/17
to icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com
Old version of Ubuntu (Trusty), and 32bit version of openjdk.

Attila Heidrich

Feb 20, 2017, 10:10:53 AM2/20/17
to icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com
I have followed the Vagrantfile. I don't use vagrant, nor VIrtualbox.

A used Ubuntu Xenial on Openstack (openstack image distro, default user is ubuntu)

Since no /home/vagrant, nor /vagrant for the repository, I have
1. created a link named /home/vagrant to /home/ubuntu
2. cloned topcat repository to /home/ubuntu/topcat
3. created a link named /vagrant to /home/ubuntu/topcat

It was ok until the very last step, where I ran into this problem:

ubuntu@icat:~$ topcat build_install
cp: cannot overwrite non-directory '/home/ubuntu/topcat_tmp' with directory '/vagrant/yo'
cp: cannot overwrite non-directory '/home/ubuntu/topcat_tmp' with directory '/vagrant/src'

/home/ubuntu/topcat_tmp is an xml, it seems to be crated by the last command, since no use to remove, or remove AND create as a directory - next run will ended the same erroneous way.

I guess this is somehow related to my symbolic links, but since I have no idea what this step should do, also no idea, how to correct the environment.

Any idea?

Attila

Anyway, I have also tried Oracle java 8, but ids.server installation has been failed. Worked fine with the recommended openjdk.

jody...@stfc.ac.uk

Feb 20, 2017, 10:46:23 AM2/20/17
to attila....@gmail.com, icat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Attila,

The Vagrant file is really only to be used as a dev setup (I just thought it might help you with Ubuntu specifics). This might have just confused things a bit.

I have spoken to a colleague and it is recommended that you should go the conventional route of downloading and installing the official releases:

https://icatproject.org/releases/current-release/

If you need any help. Please let us know!

Jody

jody...@stfc.ac.uk

Feb 20, 2017, 11:56:55 AM2/20/17
to attila....@gmail.com, icat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Attila,

After creating a glassfish setup, the next thing you need to do is install an Icat authenticator plugin. I would recommend the simple one for now:

https://repo.icatproject.org/site/authn/simple/1.1.0/

So try the following:

wget --quiet https://www.icatproject.org/mvn/repo/org/icatproject/authn.simple/1.1.0/authn.simple-1.1.0-distro.zip
unzip authn.simple-1.1.0-distro.zip
cd authn.simple
cp authn_simple-setup.properties.example authn_simple-setup.properties
cp authn_simple.properties.example authn_simple.properties

now edit authn_simple-setup.properties so it looks something like this:

---
secure = true
container = glassfish
home = /path/to/your/glassfish/root
port = 4848
---

then edit authn_simple.properties so it looks something like this:

----
user.list = root
user.root.password = secret
mechanism = simple

then run:

./setup install

if you run:

asadmin list-applications

you should see the plugin in the list. asadmin can be found in glassfish’s bin directory.

Let me know how you get on, and we’ll move on to the next step.

Jody

On 20 Feb 2017, at 15:10, Attila Heidrich <attila....@gmail.com<mailto:attila....@gmail.com><mailto:attila....@gmail.com>> wrote:

[...]

Attila Heidrich

Feb 21, 2017, 5:11:58 AM2/21/17
to icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com
Thanks a lot!

Current status:

I have installed:

authn.simple and icat.server

ubuntu@topcat:~$ asadmin list-applications
authn.simple-1.1.0  <ejb, webservices, web>
icat.server-4.8.0   <ejb, webservices, web>
Command list-applications executed successfully.

install doc is pretty OK with your comments :)

Q: In the Vagrantfile, there are "asadmin" calls after every "setup install". these aren't mentioned in the same doc. Are there really needed?

PROBLEM:

install doc contains a test method, but don't tells the dependencies, so it doesn't run. (similar things made me said that the document is not enough)

ubuntu@topcat:~$ bin/testicat https://localhost:8181 db username root password root

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/testicat", line 7, in <module>
    import requests
ImportError: No module named requests
ubuntu@topcat:~$

The doc only tells I need "suds", but it is definitely not enough.
ubuntu@topcat:~$ apt-cache policy python-suds
python-suds:
  Installed: 0.7~git20150727.94664dd-3

So please guide me the next step!

jody...@stfc.ac.uk

Feb 21, 2017, 6:22:02 AM2/21/17

On 21 Feb 2017, at 10:11, Attila Heidrich <attila....@gmail.com<mailto:attila....@gmail.com>> wrote:

Thanks a lot!

Current status:

I have installed:

authn.simple and icat.server

ubuntu@topcat:~$ asadmin list-applications
authn.simple-1.1.0 <ejb, webservices, web>
icat.server-4.8.0 <ejb, webservices, web>
Command list-applications executed successfully.

install doc is pretty OK with your comments :)

Q: In the Vagrantfile, there are "asadmin" calls after every "setup install". these aren't mentioned in the same doc. Are there really needed?

Basically it tells the Glassfish container to deploy these apps in a specific order e.g. the Icat component depends the authenticator(s) - so they need to be deployed first.

It is mention here:

https://repo.icatproject.org/site/icat/server/4.8.0/installation.html

under “Prerequisites” one of the requirements is "Deployed ICAT authenticators”. But, it is not very obvious how to do this. So yes it is requirer.

The next step is to install the IDS components.

First create a directory structure to store the files in:

mkdir data
mkdir data/ids
mkdir data/ids/cache
mkdir data/ids/archive

The first thing we need to install is a storage plugin. For now we’ll the out-the-box solution, but you can write your so it is tailored to your facility.

wget --quiet http://www.icatproject.org/mvn/repo/org/icatproject/ids.storage_file/1.3.3/ids.storage_file-1.3.3-distro.zip
cd ids.storage_file
cp ids.storage_file-setup.properties.example ids.storage_file-setup.properties
cp ids.storage_file.archive.properties.example ids.storage_file.archive.properties
cp ids.storage_file.main.properties.example ids.storage_file.main.properties

Edit ids.storage_file-setup.properties so it looks like the following:

----
glassfish=/path/to/your/glassfish/root
port=4848
----

Edit ids.storage_file.archive.properties so it looks like the following:

---
dir = /path/to/your/data/ids/archive
---

Edit ids.storage_file.main.properties so it looks like the following:

---
dir =/path/to/your/data/ids
---

then run:

./setup install

Next we’ll install the actual IDS itself.

wget --quiet https://www.icatproject.org/mvn/repo/org/icatproject/ids.server/1.6.0/ids.server-1.6.0-distro.zip
unzip -q ids.server-1.6.0-distro.zip
cd ids.server
cp /vagrant/provision/ids.properties ids.server/ids.properties
cp /vagrant/provision/ids-setup.properties ids.server/ids-setup.properties

Edit ids.server/ids.properties so it looks like the following:

---
secure = true
container = Glassfish
home = /path/to/your/glassfish/root
port = 4848
libraries=ids.storage_file*.jar
---

Edit /ids-setup.properties so it looks like the following:

icat.url = https://localhost:8181

plugin.zipMapper.class = org.icatproject.ids.storage.ZipMapper

plugin.main.class = org.icatproject.ids.storage.MainFileStorage
plugin.main.properties = ids.storage_file.main.properties

cache.dir = /path/to/your/data/ids/cache
preparedCount = 10000
processQueueIntervalSeconds = 5
rootUserNames = root
sizeCheckIntervalSeconds = 60
reader = simple username root password secret
maxIdsInQuery = 1000
filesCheck.parallelCount = 0
linkLifetimeSeconds = 3600
---

the run:

./setup install

Let me know how you get on.

Jody

Jody Salt

Feb 21, 2017, 6:28:43 AM2/21/17
to icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com
I'm  posting this again as google groups has mess the quoting up:

Steve Fisher

Feb 21, 2017, 6:34:52 AM2/21/17
to Jody Salt, icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com
I hope you ran the setup-glassfish.py as described in https://icatproject.org/installation/glassfish/ before installing components. If not then I suggest manually running the commands at the end of the file or more simply run the script and just rerun "./setup install -v" for each component.

Steve

Solca Jan (PSI)

Feb 21, 2017, 6:55:53 AM2/21/17
to icat...@googlegroups.com, Jody Salt, attila....@gmail.com, Steve Fisher
Hi Attila

I’d like to contribute to this discussion with my two cents but there is a step-by-step installation doc here the link https://github.com/icatproject-contrib/docs/blob/master/ICAT.pdf.  I regret that you cannot find the link on the icatproject Homepage. I made this doc years ago, it is not truly accurate anymore BUT I think you can get some hints and tricks for installing a complete ICAT software  from the server component up to TOPCAT (here v1) GUI.. Furthermore I could may provide you my latest Installation LOG for cat-server 4.6.1 and TopCAT v2.

I fully understand that an ICAT installation can be really tricky for  a  “newcomer” (sorry for the inappropriate wording) due to a lack of clear installation documentation. Once you have made one or two installations you will be more confident  with the procedure. What was important afair was the order on how the components are installed. If this is still the case I cannot comment on.. with ICAT srv v4.8

HTH
Jan

signature.asc

Attila Heidrich

Feb 21, 2017, 7:05:52 AM2/21/17
to icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com
Flowless!

$ asadmin list-applications
authn.simple-1.1.0  <ejb, webservices, web>
icat.server-4.8.0   <ejb, webservices, web>
ids.server-1.6.0    <ejb, webservices, web>
Command list-applications executed successfully.

About the test:

requirements:

apt-get install python-pip
pip install requests

in our network I need http_proxy, so the followings are also necessary:
$ grep -i proxy /etc/environment
https_proxy=http://git:3128
http_proxy=http://git:3128
HTTPS_PROXY=http://git:3128
HTTP_PROXY=http://git:3128
no_proxy="localhost,.eli-alps.local"
NO_PROXY="$no_proxy"

$ bin/testicat https://localhost:8181 simple username root password root
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py:852: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/advanced-usage.html#ssl-warnings
  InsecureRequestWarning)
Login, search, create, delete and logout operations were all successful.

Attila

jody...@stfc.ac.uk

Feb 21, 2017, 7:51:56 AM2/21/17
to attila....@gmail.com, icat...@googlegroups.com
If you haven’t done so already you’re are going to set the deployment orders. Otherwise if you reboot Glassfish, things might not boot up in the correct order:

asadmin -t set applications.application.authn.simple-1.1.0.deployment-order=80
asadmin -t set applications.application.icat.server-4.8.0.deployment-order=100
asadmin -t set applications.application.ids.server-1.6.0.deployment-order=120

Are you going to install Topcat (a browser based user interface)?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK1Vds5gBeY

Steve Fisher

Attila Heidrich

Feb 21, 2017, 8:48:33 AM2/21/17
to icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com
Thanks for the explanation. This is the first time I see glassfish (I have already worked with JBoss though), so I have a lot to learn.

Yes, I need topcat as well. We are all very green to ICAT, so I think this is going to be the first step using ICAT.

Attila Heidrich

Feb 22, 2017, 5:40:32 AM2/22/17
to icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com
I have "installed" topcat, just like the other components.

What should happen now? How can I access the WebUI, I can see on the screencast?

Doc tells, that default path is "/", but there's nothing on https://<myserver>:8181/
I can still access https://<myserver>:8181/icat/version f.e.

I have found this: topcatUrlRoot which can be set in topcat-setup.properties, but there's no default for this option, doesn't even exist in the example file.
Shall I set this?
On the other hand, if I change anything, and wish to redeploy the app, just edit the properties file, and run "setup install -v" again?

Attila

jody...@stfc.ac.uk

Feb 22, 2017, 5:44:30 AM2/22/17
to attila....@gmail.com, icat...@googlegroups.com
What do you see? Is it just the default Glassfish page?

If you go to:

https://<myserver>:8181/topcat/version

what do you get?

Attila Heidrich

Feb 22, 2017, 6:33:28 AM2/22/17
to icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com
Internal server error
-----------
exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: org.glassfish.jersey.server.ContainerException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.eclipse.persistence.jaxb.BeanValidationHelper
root cause

org.glassfish.jersey.server.ContainerException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.eclipse.persistence.jaxb.BeanValidationHelper
root cause

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.eclipse.persistence.jaxb.BeanValidationHelper
-----------
Installation looked like this:
-----------
ubuntu@topcat:~/topcat$ ./setup install -v

execute: /home/ubuntu/glassfish4/bin/asadmin --port 4848 get property.administrative.domain.name
You are using Glassfish version 4

topcat.properties copied to /home/ubuntu/glassfish4/glassfish/domains/domain1/config

execute: /home/ubuntu/glassfish4/bin/asadmin --port 4848 delete-jdbc-resource jdbc/topcat

execute: /home/ubuntu/glassfish4/bin/asadmin --port 4848 delete-jdbc-connection-pool topcat

execute: /home/ubuntu/glassfish4/bin/asadmin --port 4848 delete-javamail-resource mail/topcat

execute: /home/ubuntu/glassfish4/bin/asadmin --port 4848 create-jdbc-connection-pool --datasourceclassname com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlDataSource --property url=jdbc\\:mysql\\://localhost\\:3306/topcat:user=root:password=P@ssw0rd  --restype javax.sql.DataSource --failconnection=true --steadypoolsize 2 --maxpoolsize 32 --ping topcat
JDBC connection pool topcat created successfully.
Attempting to ping during JDBC Connection Pool Creation : topcat - Succeeded.
Command create-jdbc-connection-pool executed successfully.

execute: /home/ubuntu/glassfish4/bin/asadmin --port 4848 create-jdbc-resource --connectionpoolid topcat jdbc/topcat

topcat.json copied to unzipped/config

lang.json copied to unzipped/languages

topcat.css copied to unzipped/styles

Converted  topcat-2.2.0.war

execute: /home/ubuntu/glassfish4/bin/asadmin --port 4848 deploy --deploymentorder 140 topcat-2.2.0.war
-----------

jody...@stfc.ac.uk

Feb 22, 2017, 6:43:11 AM2/22/17
to attila....@gmail.com, icat...@googlegroups.com
We missed out a step.

We need to install a mysql connector:

cd path/to/your/glassfish/root/glassfish/domains/domain1/lib/ext
wget --quiet http://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/Connector-J/mysql-connector-java-5.1.37.zip
unzip -q mysql-connector-java-5.1.37.zip
rm mysql-connector-java-5.1.37.zip<http://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/Connector-J/mysql-connector-java-5.1.37.zip>

then:

asadmin restart-domain

Attila Heidrich

Feb 22, 2017, 7:07:48 AM2/22/17
to icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com
I didn't miss it:

ubuntu@topcat:~/glassfish4/glassfish/domains/domain1/lib/ext$ ls -ltr
total 968
-rw-r--r-- 1 ubuntu ubuntu 990927 Feb 21 12:21 mysql-connector-java-5.1.40-bin.jar

Rolf Krahl

Feb 22, 2017, 8:21:01 AM2/22/17
to icat...@googlegroups.com
Attila,

Am Mittwoch, 22. Februar 2017, 04:07:48 CET schrieb Attila Heidrich:
> I didn't miss it:
>
> ubuntu@topcat:~/glassfish4/glassfish/domains/domain1/lib/ext$ ls -ltr
> total 968
> -rw-r--r-- 1 ubuntu ubuntu 990927 Feb 21 12:21
> mysql-connector-java-5.1.40-bin.jar

Did you restart Glassfish after adding the mysql-connector jar to the
lib directory?

HTH,
Rolf

--
Rolf Krahl <rolf....@helmholtz-berlin.de>
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie (HZB)

Attila Heidrich

Feb 22, 2017, 9:11:17 AM2/22/17
to icatgroup
Yes, since I have added it at the very beginning, before deploying any icat component.

asadmin> list-jdbc-connection-pools
CLI031: Warning: Option "target" is obsolete and will be ignored.
CLI031: Warning: Option "target" is obsolete and will be ignored.
__TimerPool
DerbyPool
icat
topcat
Command list-jdbc-connection-pools executed successfully.
asadmin> ping-connection-pool icat
Command ping-connection-pool executed successfully.
asadmin> ping-connection-pool topcat
Command ping-connection-pool executed successfully.
asadmin>

jody...@stfc.ac.uk

Feb 22, 2017, 11:31:27 AM2/22/17
to attila....@gmail.com, icat...@googlegroups.com
What version of glassfish are you using?

Attila Heidrich

Feb 23, 2017, 2:21:44 AM2/23/17
to icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com
Latest one.

Version = GlassFish Server Open Source Edition  4.1.1  (build 1)

jody...@stfc.ac.uk

Feb 23, 2017, 3:08:58 AM2/23/17
to attila....@gmail.com, icat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Attilla,

Version 4.0 is the recommended version as 4.1.1 contains some (unresolved) bugs make it incompatible with Topcat:

https://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-21440

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/icatgroup/6Pmscu1dsMw

I’ll update my documentation to make this clear.

So use version 4.0 - this is the version where all testing takes place on.

Jody

jody...@stfc.ac.uk

Feb 23, 2017, 3:10:18 AM2/23/17
to attila....@gmail.com, icat...@googlegroups.com
Here are the commands:

wget --quiet download.java.net/glassfish/4.0/release/glassfish-4.0.zip
unzip -q glassfish-4.0.zip
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to icatgroup+...@googlegroups.com.

Attila Heidrich

Feb 23, 2017, 3:34:40 AM2/23/17
to icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com
Succesfully downgraded in minutes thanks for my alpha version installation script :)

Much better now, <myserver>/topcat/version now returns
{"value":"2.2.0"}

Attila Heidrich

Feb 24, 2017, 3:50:00 AM2/24/17
to icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com
I can get the version info, but nothing else.

doc tells, <myserver>:8080/TOPCAT/Web.jsp should be available, but it isn't.

{"code":"NotFoundException","message":"HTTP 404 Not Found","status":404}

Maybe I didn't setup all configs properly.

jody...@stfc.ac.uk

Feb 24, 2017, 4:45:12 AM2/24/17
to attila....@gmail.com, icat...@googlegroups.com
Where did you find that document? That is a version 1.x reference.

No it should be:

https://<myserver>:8181/ for https i.e. you’ve set the secure option to true.

or

http://<myserver>:8080/ for http i.e. you’ve set the secure option to false.

Jody
wget --quiet download.java.net/glassfish/4.0/release/glassfish-4.0.zip<http://download.java.net/glassfish/4.0/release/glassfish-4.0.zip>
unzip -q glassfish-4.0.zip

Attila Heidrich

Feb 27, 2017, 4:57:23 AM2/27/17
to icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com
Google found it for me. :)

https://<myserver>:8181/ gives me nothing. Is there anything else I should setup besides installing topcat?

2017. február 23., csütörtök 9:34:40 UTC+1 időpontban Attila Heidrich a következőt írta:
Succesfully downgraded in minutes thanks for my alpha version installation script :)

Much better now, <myserver>/topcat/version now returns
{"value":"2.2.0"}

2017. február 23., csütörtök 9:10:18 UTC+1 időpontban Jody Salt a következőt írta:
Here are the commands:

wget --quiet download.java.net/glassfish/4.0/release/glassfish-4.0.zip<http://download.java.net/glassfish/4.0/release/glassfish-4.0.zip>
unzip -q glassfish-4.0.zip

jody...@stfc.ac.uk

Feb 27, 2017, 5:06:10 AM2/27/17
to attila....@gmail.com, icat...@googlegroups.com
When you say “nothing”, is this a 404 page, a white screen or just no connection?

On 24 Feb 2017, at 08:50, Attila Heidrich <attila....@gmail.com<javascript:><mailto:attila....@gmail.com<javascript:>>> wrote:

I can get the version info, but nothing else.

doc tells, <myserver>:8080/TOPCAT/Web.jsp should be available, but it isn't.

{"code":"NotFoundException","message":"HTTP 404 Not Found","status":404}

Maybe I didn't setup all configs properly.

2017. február 23., csütörtök 9:34:40 UTC+1 időpontban Attila Heidrich a következőt írta:
Succesfully downgraded in minutes thanks for my alpha version installation script :)

Much better now, <myserver>/topcat/version now returns
{"value":"2.2.0"}

2017. február 23., csütörtök 9:10:18 UTC+1 időpontban Jody Salt a következőt írta:
Here are the commands:

wget --quiet download.java.net/glassfish/4.0/release/glassfish-4.0.zip<http://download.java.net/glassfish/4.0/release/glassfish-4.0.zip><http://download.java.net/glassfish/4.0/release/glassfish-4.0.zip>
unzip -q glassfish-4.0.zip

Attila Heidrich

Feb 27, 2017, 11:58:47 AM2/27/17
to icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com
empty page, no error, no content. (actually there are a few page elements transferred, but nothing to be rendered by the browser)

jody...@stfc.ac.uk

Feb 27, 2017, 12:23:47 PM2/27/17
to attila....@gmail.com, icat...@googlegroups.com
Have you configured topcat.json yet?

If you go into developer mode can you see any javascript/network errors?

In topcat.json you need to specify the locations of your ICAT and IDS servers. You will also need to a have a facility entity added to your ICAT, and then you need to add this name to topcat.json.

I have a little ruby script for creating “Lorum Ipsum Light Source”:

https://github.com/icatproject/topcat/blob/master/tools/lorum_facility_generator.rb

This creates a dummy facility using the REST API.

You’ll need to update the paths and authentication, and you’ll need to install the dependencies:

gem install faker rest-client json

then you can run the script:

ruby lorum_facility_generator.rb

the facility name will be “LILS”.

With a bit of tweaking the following topcat.json should work:

Let me know how you get on.

Jody

topcat_lils.json

Attila Heidrich

Feb 28, 2017, 5:18:39 AM2/28/17

2017. február 27., hétfő 18:23:47 UTC+1 időpontban Jody Salt a következőt írta:
Have you configured topcat.json yet?

I have used the default with updated URLs.

If you go into developer mode can you see any javascript/network errors?

No.

In topcat.json you need to specify the locations of your ICAT and IDS servers. You will also need to a have a facility entity added to your ICAT, and then you need to add this name to topcat.json.

I have a little ruby script for creating “Lorum Ipsum Light Source”:

Install ruby just for generate a json is kinda strange for me, I would like to avoid this, if possible.

I have tried the attached json, and now I do have an error message:

site > pages > 0 > name: unexpected attribute

This is site[pages][0]:

        "pages" : [
            {
                "name" : "about",
                "addToNavBar": {
                    "label" : "About",
                    "align" : "left"
                }

            },

Attila

jody...@stfc.ac.uk

Feb 28, 2017, 5:51:26 AM2/28/17
to attila....@gmail.com, icat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Attila,

I’ve attached an updated version of the topcat.json.

The ruby script has nothing to do with JSON, it creates a fake facility in your Icat with some dummy metadata data. So it basically does a fake ingestion.

The absolute minimum you need in your Icat for Topcat to work is a “Facility” entity. To see the complete structure of an Icat have a look at the following:

https://repo.icatproject.org/site/icat/server/4.8.0/schema.html

If you don’t want to use the ruby script, we can create a minimal facility by talking to the REST API (https://repo.icatproject.org/site/icat/server/4.8.0/miredot/index.html) using curl:

(first login and create a sessionId)

curl -k --data 'json={"plugin": "simple", "credentials":[{"username": "root"}, {"password": "root"}]}' https://localhost:8181/icat/session

(next create a facility called “LILS")

curl -k --data ‘sessionId=your-sessionId&entities=[{"Facility": {"name": “LILS"}}]' https://localhost:8181/icat/entityManager

The ruby script basically does the same as above but also creates some fake data.
topcat_lils.json

Attila Heidrich

Mar 2, 2017, 3:14:33 AM3/2/17
to icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com
Still there are a few error messages:

- unexpected attribute in topcat.json: templateTranslateName
- "class javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException null" after login

Home menu displays a few things I have never seen before, it looks like I'm finally logged in. But upper right corner still shows "login", so I may be still logged out.

My data,  search, and browser tabs are visible, will finally find out how to use them, but still not perfectly sure, that it is working as expected.

Attila

jody...@stfc.ac.uk

Mar 2, 2017, 4:17:30 AM3/2/17
to attila....@gmail.com, icat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Attila,

I made a mistake (I’m working several of Topcat at the same time), simply remove all references to ‘templateTranslateName’ in topcat.json, then run ./setup install again.

'Home menu displays a few things I have never seen before, it looks like I'm finally logged in. But upper right corner still shows "login”'

That’s a new one :-). Can you send me a screenshot so I can see?

Jody

Attila Heidrich

Mar 2, 2017, 5:29:43 AM3/2/17
to icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com
OK, no problem, it didn' bother me much anyway :)

1st one: I login as root, the error message appeares, but still, after this "login action" I can use the Home menu.
2nd shows what I see in "Home" (upper right still show "login" - so I guess I am not logged in)

Attila

jody...@stfc.ac.uk

Mar 2, 2017, 11:57:07 AM3/2/17
to attila....@gmail.com, icat...@googlegroups.com
After trying to login, go your browser’s console (in dev tools) and type the following:

tc.icat('LILS').session()

And let me know what you get.

Jody

Attila Heidrich

Mar 3, 2017, 7:02:27 AM3/3/17
to icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com
I have attached a screenshot. Logs in console shows traces of a page refresh (F5), and the js command you asked for.

Attila
Képernyőkép erről: 2017-03-03 12-59-56.png

jody...@stfc.ac.uk

Mar 3, 2017, 7:47:45 AM3/3/17
to attila....@gmail.com, icat...@googlegroups.com
Well good news - you’ve managed to authenticate successfully and are logged in!

Could you can now click on a user/cart/LILS and a user/downloads error and show me the request and response.

Jody
<Képernyőkép erről: 2017-03-03 12-59-56.png>

jody...@stfc.ac.uk

Attila Heidrich

Mar 3, 2017, 8:43:16 AM3/3/17
to icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com
Error messages in detail:

GET https://10.3.1.52:8181/topcat/user/downloads?icatUrl=https:%2F%2F10.3.1.52:…d.facilityName%20%3D%20%27LILS%27%20AND%20download.isDeleted%20%3D%20false 500 (Internal Server Error)
(anonymous) @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:21117
sendReq @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:20910
serverRequest @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:20620
processQueue @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:25144
(anonymous) @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:25160
$eval @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:26404
$digest @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:26222
$apply @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:26512
bootstrapApply @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:12031
invoke @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:14875
doBootstrap @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:12029
bootstrap @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:12049
(anonymous) @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:56531
fire @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:3148
add @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:3194
jQuery.fn.ready @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:3428
doBootstrap @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:56530
handleResults @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:56587
done @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:20941
completeRequest @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:21139
requestLoaded @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:21080
vendor.86a0ca90.js:21117 GET https://10.3.1.52:8181/topcat/user/downloads?icatUrl=https:%2F%2F10.3.1.52:…d.facilityName%20%3D%20%27LILS%27%20AND%20download.isDeleted%20%3D%20false 500 (Internal Server Error)
vendor.86a0ca90.js:21117 GET https://10.3.1.52:8181/topcat/user/cart/LILS?icatUrl=https:%2F%2F10.3.1.52:8181&sessionId=90550ccf-ae94-4888-9a76-ec6ae6fa9585 500 (Internal Server Error)
(anonymous) @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:28279
completeOutstandingRequest @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:15904
(anonymous) @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:16181
vendor.86a0ca90.js:21117 GET https://10.3.1.52:8181/topcat/user/cart/LILS?icatUrl=https:%2F%2F10.3.1.52:8181&sessionId=90550ccf-ae94-4888-9a76-ec6ae6fa9585 500 (Internal Server Error)
(anonymous) @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:21117
sendReq @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:20910
serverRequest @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:20620
processQueue @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:25144
(anonymous) @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:25160
$eval @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:26404
$digest @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:26222
$apply @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:26512
done @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:20941
completeRequest @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:21139
requestLoaded @ vendor.86a0ca90.js:21080

Anyway, I have finally noticed, that just after the login, the upper right corner still displays "login" as if I were logged out. Refresh on the page helps, from that moment it displays "logout (simple/root)"

Attila

jody...@stfc.ac.uk

Mar 3, 2017, 8:51:30 AM3/3/17
to attila....@gmail.com, icat...@googlegroups.com
Not quite what I wanted. :-)

Can you send me the errors in the Network tab (you should see them in red with a 500 error). Basically I want to know what Topcat send to the server and what the response was. What you sent me below is the javascript response to the error - so not the root cause.

Attila Heidrich

Mar 3, 2017, 9:30:20 AM3/3/17
to icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com
I see now! :)

The conversation parts in the order of appearance:

Request URL:https://10.3.1.52:8181/topcat/user/cart/LILS?icatUrl=https:%2F%2F10.3.1.52:8181&sessionId=90550ccf-ae94-4888-9a76-ec6ae6fa9585
Request Headers
Provisional headers are shown
Accept:application/json, text/plain, */*
Referer:https://10.3.1.52:8181/
User-Agent:Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 6.0; Nexus 5 Build/MRA58N) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/56.0.2924.87 Mobile Safari/537.36
Query String Parameters
view URL encoded
icatUrl:https://10.3.1.52:8181
sessionId:90550ccf-ae94-4888-9a76-ec6ae6fa9585

Request URL:https://10.3.1.52:8181/topcat/user/downloads?icatUrl=https:%2F%2F10.3.1.52:8181&sessionId=90550ccf-ae94-4888-9a76-ec6ae6fa9585&queryOffset=where%20download.facilityName%20%3D%20%27LILS%27%20AND%20download.isDeleted%20%3D%20false
Request Method:GET
Status Code:500 Internal Server Error
Remote Address:10.3.1.52:8181
Response Headers
Access-Control-Allow-Headers:origin, content-type, accept, authorization
Access-Control-Allow-Methods:GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, OPTIONS, HEAD
Access-Control-Allow-Origin:*
Cache-Control:no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate
Connection:close
Content-Length:108
Date:Fri, 03 Mar 2017 14:13:56 GMT
Expires:Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Pragma:no-cache
Server:GlassFish Server Open Source Edition  4.0
X-Powered-By:Servlet/3.1 JSP/2.3 (GlassFish Server Open Source Edition  4.0  Java/Oracle Corporation/1.8)
Request Headers
Accept:application/json, text/plain, */*
Accept-Encoding:gzip, deflate, sdch, br
Accept-Language:hu-HU,hu;q=0.8,en-US;q=0.6,en;q=0.4
Connection:keep-alive
Cookie:hideCookieMessage=true; JSESSIONID=e0fb82108a763715d3f0275c216f
Host:10.3.1.52:8181
Referer:https://10.3.1.52:8181/
User-Agent:Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 6.0; Nexus 5 Build/MRA58N) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/56.0.2924.87 Mobile Safari/537.36
Query String Parameters
view URL encoded
icatUrl:https://10.3.1.52:8181
sessionId:90550ccf-ae94-4888-9a76-ec6ae6fa9585
queryOffset:where download.facilityName = 'LILS' AND download.isDeleted = false

Date:Fri, 03 Mar 2017 14:13:56 GMT
[...]

There are a few more, I hope it will be enough!

Attila

jody...@stfc.ac.uk

Mar 3, 2017, 9:34:21 AM3/3/17
to attila....@gmail.com, icat...@googlegroups.com
Nearly there (you’ve sent me the request and response headers) - I just need the response body which appears in a sub-tab under network, hopefully this should give us more insight.

jody...@stfc.ac.uk

Mar 3, 2017, 9:45:12 AM3/3/17
to attila....@gmail.com, icat...@googlegroups.com
[cid:207DBEA1-9A3B-412B...@esc.rl.ac.uk]

On 3 Mar 2017, at 14:34, jody...@stfc.ac.uk<mailto:jody...@stfc.ac.uk> wrote:

Nearly there (you’ve sent me the request and response headers) - I just need the response body which appears in a sub-tab under network, hopefully this should give us more insight.

Attila Heidrich

Mar 3, 2017, 9:50:35 AM3/3/17
to icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com
:)

For the same four, I have already sent the Headers:

no response
{"code":"InternalException","message":"class javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException null","status":500}
... and 2 more times the same.

The same for all "500" statuses.

The same message appears at login time as well.

Attila

jody...@stfc.ac.uk

Mar 3, 2017, 10:02:08 AM3/3/17
to attila....@gmail.com, icat...@googlegroups.com
That is pretty generic error.

Ok, can you send me your server.log:

root/to/your/glassfish4/glassfish/domains/domain1/logs/server.log

Jody

Attila Heidrich

Mar 7, 2017, 3:14:07 AM3/7/17
to icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com
Long version follows:

[2017-03-07T08:11:59.974+0000] [glassfish 4.0] [WARNING] [ejb.system_exception] [javax.enterprise.system.container.ejb.com.sun.ejb.containers] [tid: _ThreadID=3856 _ThreadName=http-listener-2(17)] [timeMillis: 1488874319974] [levelValue: 900] [[
  EJB5184:A system exception occurred during an invocation on EJB AdminResource, method: public javax.ws.rs.core.Response org.icatproject.topcat.web.rest.AdminResource.isValidSession(java.lang.String,java.lang.String) throws java.net.MalformedURLException,org.icatproject.topcat.exceptions.TopcatException]]

[2017-03-07T08:11:59.974+0000] [glassfish 4.0] [WARNING] [] [javax.enterprise.system.container.ejb.com.sun.ejb.containers] [tid: _ThreadID=3856 _ThreadName=http-listener-2(17)] [timeMillis: 1488874319974] [levelValue: 900] [[

javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException
at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.mapLocal3xException(BaseContainer.java:2279)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.postInvoke(BaseContainer.java:2060)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.postInvoke(BaseContainer.java:1979)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.EJBLocalObjectInvocationHandler.invoke(EJBLocalObjectInvocationHandler.java:220)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.EJBLocalObjectInvocationHandlerDelegate.invoke(EJBLocalObjectInvocationHandlerDelegate.java:88)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy574.isAdmin(Unknown Source)
at org.icatproject.topcat.icatclient.__EJB31_Generated__ICATClientBean__Intf____Bean__.isAdmin(Unknown Source)
at org.icatproject.topcat.web.rest.AdminResource.isValidSession(AdminResource.java:77)
at org.glassfish.ejb.security.application.EJBSecurityManager.runMethod(EJBSecurityManager.java:1081)
at org.glassfish.ejb.security.application.EJBSecurityManager.invoke(EJBSecurityManager.java:1153)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.invokeBeanMethod(BaseContainer.java:4695)
at com.sun.ejb.EjbInvocation.invokeBeanMethod(EjbInvocation.java:630)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.interceptors.AroundInvokeChainImpl.invokeNext(InterceptorManager.java:822)
at com.sun.ejb.EjbInvocation.proceed(EjbInvocation.java:582)
at org.jboss.weld.ejb.AbstractEJBRequestScopeActivationInterceptor.aroundInvoke(AbstractEJBRequestScopeActivationInterceptor.java:46)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor807.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.interceptors.AroundInvokeInterceptor.intercept(InterceptorManager.java:883)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.interceptors.AroundInvokeChainImpl.invokeNext(InterceptorManager.java:822)
at com.sun.ejb.EjbInvocation.proceed(EjbInvocation.java:582)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.interceptors.SystemInterceptorProxy.doCall(SystemInterceptorProxy.java:163)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.interceptors.SystemInterceptorProxy.aroundInvoke(SystemInterceptorProxy.java:140)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor808.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.interceptors.AroundInvokeInterceptor.intercept(InterceptorManager.java:883)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.interceptors.AroundInvokeChainImpl.invokeNext(InterceptorManager.java:822)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.interceptors.InterceptorManager.intercept(InterceptorManager.java:369)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.__intercept(BaseContainer.java:4667)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.intercept(BaseContainer.java:4655)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.EJBLocalObjectInvocationHandler.invoke(EJBLocalObjectInvocationHandler.java:212)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.EJBLocalObjectInvocationHandlerDelegate.invoke(EJBLocalObjectInvocationHandlerDelegate.java:88)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy575.isValidSession(Unknown Source)
at org.icatproject.topcat.web.rest.__EJB31_Generated__AdminResource__Intf____Bean__.isValidSession(Unknown Source)
at org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.internal.ResourceMethodInvocationHandlerFactory$1.invoke(ResourceMethodInvocationHandlerFactory.java:81)
at org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.internal.AbstractJavaResourceMethodDispatcher.invoke(AbstractJavaResourceMethodDispatcher.java:125)
at org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.internal.JavaResourceMethodDispatcherProvider$ResponseOutInvoker.doDispatch(JavaResourceMethodDispatcherProvider.java:152)
at org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.internal.AbstractJavaResourceMethodDispatcher.dispatch(AbstractJavaResourceMethodDispatcher.java:91)
at org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.ResourceMethodInvoker.invoke(ResourceMethodInvoker.java:346)
at org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.ResourceMethodInvoker.apply(ResourceMethodInvoker.java:341)
at org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.ResourceMethodInvoker.apply(ResourceMethodInvoker.java:101)
at org.glassfish.jersey.server.ServerRuntime$1.run(ServerRuntime.java:224)
at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors$1.call(Errors.java:271)
at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors$1.call(Errors.java:267)
at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:315)
at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:297)
at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:267)
at org.glassfish.jersey.process.internal.RequestScope.runInScope(RequestScope.java:317)
at org.glassfish.jersey.server.ServerRuntime.process(ServerRuntime.java:198)
at org.glassfish.jersey.server.ApplicationHandler.handle(ApplicationHandler.java:946)
at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.WebComponent.service(WebComponent.java:323)
at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:372)
at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:335)
at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:218)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.service(StandardWrapper.java:1682)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:344)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:214)
at org.icatproject.topcat.filter.CacheControlFilter.doFilter(CacheControlFilter.java:52)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:256)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:214)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:316)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:160)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:734)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:673)
at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebPipeline.invoke(WebPipeline.java:99)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:174)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:734)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:673)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.doService(CoyoteAdapter.java:354)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:260)
at com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl.ContainerMapper.service(ContainerMapper.java:246)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.http.server.HttpHandler.runService(HttpHandler.java:191)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.http.server.HttpHandler.doHandle(HttpHandler.java:168)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.http.server.HttpServerFilter.handleRead(HttpServerFilter.java:189)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.filterchain.ExecutorResolver$9.execute(ExecutorResolver.java:119)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.filterchain.DefaultFilterChain.executeFilter(DefaultFilterChain.java:288)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.filterchain.DefaultFilterChain.executeChainPart(DefaultFilterChain.java:206)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.filterchain.DefaultFilterChain.execute(DefaultFilterChain.java:136)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.filterchain.DefaultFilterChain.process(DefaultFilterChain.java:114)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.ProcessorExecutor.execute(ProcessorExecutor.java:77)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.nio.transport.TCPNIOTransport.fireIOEvent(TCPNIOTransport.java:838)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.strategies.AbstractIOStrategy.fireIOEvent(AbstractIOStrategy.java:113)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.strategies.WorkerThreadIOStrategy.run0(WorkerThreadIOStrategy.java:115)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.strategies.WorkerThreadIOStrategy.access$100(WorkerThreadIOStrategy.java:55)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.strategies.WorkerThreadIOStrategy$WorkerThreadRunnable.run(WorkerThreadIOStrategy.java:135)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.threadpool.AbstractThreadPool$Worker.doWork(AbstractThreadPool.java:564)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.threadpool.AbstractThreadPool$Worker.run(AbstractThreadPool.java:544)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: javax.ejb.TransactionRolledbackLocalException: Exception thrown from bean
at com.sun.ejb.containers.EJBContainerTransactionManager.checkExceptionClientTx(EJBContainerTransactionManager.java:662)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.EJBContainerTransactionManager.postInvokeTx(EJBContainerTransactionManager.java:507)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.postInvokeTx(BaseContainer.java:4475)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.postInvoke(BaseContainer.java:2009)
... 95 more
Caused by: javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Failed to access the WSDL at: https://10.3.1.52:8181/ICATService/ICAT?wsdl. It failed with:
java.security.cert.CertificateException: No subject alternative names present.
at com.sun.xml.ws.wsdl.parser.RuntimeWSDLParser.tryWithMex(RuntimeWSDLParser.java:249)
at com.sun.xml.ws.wsdl.parser.RuntimeWSDLParser.parse(RuntimeWSDLParser.java:230)
at com.sun.xml.ws.wsdl.parser.RuntimeWSDLParser.parse(RuntimeWSDLParser.java:193)
at com.sun.xml.ws.wsdl.parser.RuntimeWSDLParser.parse(RuntimeWSDLParser.java:162)
at com.sun.xml.ws.client.WSServiceDelegate.parseWSDL(WSServiceDelegate.java:359)
at com.sun.xml.ws.client.WSServiceDelegate.<init>(WSServiceDelegate.java:321)
at com.sun.xml.ws.client.WSServiceDelegate.<init>(WSServiceDelegate.java:230)
at com.sun.xml.ws.client.WSServiceDelegate.<init>(WSServiceDelegate.java:212)
at com.sun.xml.ws.client.WSServiceDelegate.<init>(WSServiceDelegate.java:208)
at com.sun.xml.ws.spi.ProviderImpl.createServiceDelegate(ProviderImpl.java:112)
at javax.xml.ws.Service.<init>(Service.java:92)
at org.icatproject_4_5_0.ICATService.<init>(ICATService.java:58)
at org.icatproject.topcat.icatclient.ICATClient45.<init>(ICATClient45.java:54)
at org.icatproject.topcat.icatclient.ICATClientFactory.createICATClient(ICATClientFactory.java:17)
at org.icatproject.topcat.icatclient.ICATClientBean.getIcatService(ICATClientBean.java:137)
at org.icatproject.topcat.icatclient.ICATClientBean.isAdmin(ICATClientBean.java:62)
[...]
... 93 more
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No subject alternative names present
at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:192)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(SSLSocketImpl.java:1949)
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Handshaker.java:302)
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Handshaker.java:296)
at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1514)
at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(ClientHandshaker.java:216)
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Handshaker.java:1026)
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Handshaker.java:961)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:1062)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1375)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1403)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1387)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.afterConnect(HttpsClient.java:559)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.java:185)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1546)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1474)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getInputStream(HttpsURLConnectionImpl.java:254)
at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:1045)
at com.sun.xml.ws.wsdl.parser.RuntimeWSDLParser.createReader(RuntimeWSDLParser.java:983)
at com.sun.xml.ws.wsdl.parser.RuntimeWSDLParser.resolveWSDL(RuntimeWSDLParser.java:384)
at com.sun.xml.ws.wsdl.parser.RuntimeWSDLParser.parse(RuntimeWSDLParser.java:215)
... 135 more
Caused by: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No subject alternative names present
at sun.security.util.HostnameChecker.matchIP(HostnameChecker.java:144)
at sun.security.util.HostnameChecker.match(HostnameChecker.java:93)
at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkIdentity(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:455)
at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkIdentity(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:436)
at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:200)
at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:124)
at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1496)
... 151 more
]]

jody...@stfc.ac.uk

Mar 7, 2017, 3:27:09 AM3/7/17
to attila....@gmail.com, icat...@googlegroups.com
It would suggest to me that you don’t have a valid ssl certificate installed.

Jody

Attila Heidrich

Mar 7, 2017, 5:17:09 AM3/7/17
to icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com
I did, but I lost topcat.

http://myserver:8080/icat/version works, also http://myserver:8080/topcat/version, but http://myserver:8080/ returns a default server installed page. (Your server is now running)

I cannot find more https refs to modify in the install dirs:

ubuntu@topcat:~$ egrep 'https://(local|10)' -r authn.simple icat.server ids.server ids.storage_file topcat
Binary file topcat/topcat-2.2.0.war matches
ubuntu@topcat:~$ egrep 'http://(local|10)' -r authn.simple icat.server ids.server ids.storage_file topcat
ids.server/ids.properties:icat.url = http://localhost:8080
topcat/topcat.json:        "topcatUrl": "http://10.3.1.52:8080",
topcat/topcat.json:            "idsUrl": "http://10.3.1.52:8080",
topcat/topcat.json:            "icatUrl": "http://10.3.1.52:8080",
topcat/topcat.json:                    "idsUrl": "http://10.3.1.52:8080"
topcat/topcat.json:                    "idsUrl": "http://10.3.1.52:8080"
Binary file topcat/topcat-2.2.0.war matches

I have also ran the 'setup install -v's for all components.

Attila

Attila Heidrich

Mar 7, 2017, 5:21:29 AM3/7/17
to icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com
ubuntu@topcat:~$ egrep 'secure.*=' -r authn.simple icat.server ids.server ids.storage_file topcat |grep properties|grep -v example
authn.simple/authn_simple-setup.properties:secure         = false
authn.simple/authn_simple-setup.properties:!secure         = false
icat.server/icat-setup.properties:secure         = false
icat.server/icat-setup.properties:!secure         = false
ids.server/ids-setup.properties:secure         = false
ids.storage_file/ids.storage_file-setup.properties:secure = false
topcat/topcat-setup.properties:secure         = false

jody...@stfc.ac.uk

Mar 7, 2017, 5:24:54 AM3/7/17
to attila....@gmail.com, icat...@googlegroups.com
It might be to with the order they where reset in.

Have you tried restarting glassfish?:

asadmin stop-domain
asadmin start-domain

Jody
On 7 Mar 2017, at 08:14, Attila Heidrich <attila....@gmail.com<javascript:><mailto:attila....@gmail.com<javascript:>>> wrote:

java.security.cert.CertificateException: No subject alternative names present.

Attila Heidrich

Mar 7, 2017, 5:37:08 AM3/7/17
to icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com
yes, but not with asadmin.
restarted the service, and later the machine also.

no change

ubuntu@topcat:~$ asadmin list "*"|grep http
configs.config.default-config.http-service
configs.config.default-config.http-service.access-log
configs.config.default-config.http-service.virtual-server.__asadmin
configs.config.default-config.http-service.virtual-server.server
configs.config.default-config.http-service.virtual-server.server.property.default-web-xml
configs.config.default-config.network-config.network-listeners.network-listener.http-listener-1
configs.config.default-config.network-config.network-listeners.network-listener.http-listener-2
configs.config.default-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.admin-http-redirect
configs.config.default-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.admin-http-redirect.http-redirect
configs.config.default-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.admin-listener.http
configs.config.default-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.admin-listener.http.file-cache
configs.config.default-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.http-listener-1
configs.config.default-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.http-listener-1.http
configs.config.default-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.http-listener-1.http.file-cache
configs.config.default-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.http-listener-2
configs.config.default-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.http-listener-2.http
configs.config.default-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.http-listener-2.http.file-cache
configs.config.default-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.http-listener-2.ssl
configs.config.default-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.pu-protocol.port-unification.protocol-finder.admin-http-redirect
configs.config.default-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.pu-protocol.port-unification.protocol-finder.http-finder
configs.config.default-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.sec-admin-listener.http
configs.config.default-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.sec-admin-listener.http.file-cache
configs.config.default-config.thread-pools.thread-pool.http-thread-pool
configs.config.server-config.http-service
configs.config.server-config.http-service.access-log
configs.config.server-config.http-service.virtual-server.__asadmin
configs.config.server-config.http-service.virtual-server.server
configs.config.server-config.network-config.network-listeners.network-listener.http-listener-1
configs.config.server-config.network-config.network-listeners.network-listener.http-listener-2
configs.config.server-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.admin-http-redirect
configs.config.server-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.admin-http-redirect.http-redirect
configs.config.server-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.admin-listener.http
configs.config.server-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.admin-listener.http.file-cache
configs.config.server-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.http-listener-1
configs.config.server-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.http-listener-1.http
configs.config.server-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.http-listener-1.http.file-cache
configs.config.server-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.http-listener-2
configs.config.server-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.http-listener-2.http
configs.config.server-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.http-listener-2.http.file-cache
configs.config.server-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.http-listener-2.ssl
configs.config.server-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.pu-protocol.port-unification.protocol-finder.admin-http-redirect
configs.config.server-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.pu-protocol.port-unification.protocol-finder.http-finder
configs.config.server-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.sec-admin-listener.http
configs.config.server-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.sec-admin-listener.http.file-cache
configs.config.server-config.thread-pools.thread-pool.http-thread-pool

Attila

jody...@stfc.ac.uk

Mar 7, 2017, 5:50:42 AM3/7/17
to attila....@gmail.com, icat...@googlegroups.com
if you run

asadmin list-applications

does Topcat appear in the list?

ids.server/ids.properties:icat.url = http://localhost:8080<http://localhost:8080/>
topcat/topcat.json: "topcatUrl": "http://10.3.1.52:8080<http://10.3.1.52:8080/>",
topcat/topcat.json: "idsUrl": "http://10.3.1.52:8080<http://10.3.1.52:8080/>",
topcat/topcat.json: "icatUrl": "http://10.3.1.52:8080<http://10.3.1.52:8080/>",

2017. március 7., kedd 9:27:09 UTC+1 időpontban Jody Salt a következőt írta:
It would suggest to me that you don’t have a valid ssl certificate installed.

Attila Heidrich

Mar 7, 2017, 7:33:29 AM3/7/17
to icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com
yes

ubuntu@topcat:~$ asadmin list-applications
authn.simple-1.1.0  <ejb, webservices, web>
ids.server-1.6.0    <ejb, webservices, web>
icat.server-4.8.0   <ejb, webservices, web>
topcat-2.2.0        <ejb, webservices, web>
Command list-applications executed successfully.
ubuntu@topcat:~$ curl localhost:8080/topcat/version;echo
{"value":"2.2.0"}
ubuntu@topcat:~$

Attila Heidrich

Mar 7, 2017, 7:41:56 AM3/7/17
to icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com
hmmm... and now it is working again without https. nothin ghappened here, just asked a collegue to try. works for him, and after I returned to my browser, now it works for me as well.

jody...@stfc.ac.uk

Mar 7, 2017, 7:45:06 AM3/7/17
to attila....@gmail.com, icat...@googlegroups.com
Did you refresh the browser? Because, topcat.json gets loaded in on the front end. So, if you update topcat.json you have to refresh your browser

Attila Heidrich

Mar 7, 2017, 10:05:46 AM3/7/17
to icatgroup, attila....@gmail.com
Yes, several times. :)

2017. március 7., kedd 13:45:06 UTC+1 időpontban Jody Salt a következőt írta:
Did you refresh the browser? Because, topcat.json gets loaded in on the front end. So, if you update topcat.json you have to refresh your browser

Never mind, I think I was able to modify every important piece. Now I can login without error messages, maybe we finally can start using the system.

Can you please recommend a frontend, which allows some kind of "high level" operations using the necessary dependencies, without having to create every little element by hand?