How to use the resumption token in the OAI XML feed?

Nathan Pitman

Sep 12, 2014, 11:37:21 AM9/12/14
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi there, I'm looking into using the OAI feed from Atom to pull data into a companion application but I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to use the resumption token specified at the end of a response. Typically this looks something like this:

from=&until=&cursor=100

So I assumed that I could append these values to the URL and have the API return results from/until a specified point but that causes an error. Any thoughts on how I use this feature of the OAI API?

TIA!

Hutchinson, Tim

Sep 12, 2014, 12:24:12 PM9/12/14
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com

Hi Nathan,

I struggled with this before, and it seems that you need to encode the resumption token so that it can be treated as a single value, e.g.

&resumptionToken=from%3D%26until%3D%26cursor%3D100

Or in this case even

&resumptionToken=cursor%3D100

Tim

Nathan Pitman

Sep 12, 2014, 12:30:21 PM9/12/14
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Ah, right… and I just paginate by incrementing the cursor value. Brill - thanks! :)

Skype: ninefour.nathan

Nine Four Ltd - Registered in England and Wales - No. 5549004. Registered Office: 2 Old Bath Road, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 1QL. Please refer to our email disclaimer.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ICA-AtoM Users" group.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/ica-atom-users.