ghost records when searching by subject

dcow...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2012, 11:31:20 AM12/12/12
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has come across the icaatom bug where, if you delete a record with a subject, the system will say that it has been deleted, but if you search by that subject, the deleted record will appear in the results. When you click on the supposedly deleted record in the results you are then given an error message.

Does any one know a way to get rid of this problem? Is there something which can be done to only have actual records show up when searching by subject, and not have any ghost records appear in the results? Is this a bug which is being fixed, or which has been fixed? It is a huge headache for the project I'm working on since subjects are an important part of the project's organizational scheme.

Thanks,
Duncan

JBushey, ICA-AtoM Product Manager

Dec 12, 2012, 5:05:24 PM12/12/12
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com, dcow...@gmail.com
Dear Duncan,

I experienced this problem in the past, see Bug 4361 https://projects.artefactual.com/issues/4361.
It can be fixed by rebuilding the search engine: https://www.qubit-toolkit.org/wiki/Rebuild_search_index, but it may happen again and require rebuild again.

Regards,
Jessica Bushey

JBushey, ICA-AtoM Product Manager

Dec 12, 2012, 5:07:42 PM12/12/12
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com, dcow...@gmail.com
Duncan -

What version of ICA-AtoM are you using?

Jessica

dcow...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2013, 1:22:28 PM1/3/13
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com, dcow...@gmail.com
Hi Jessica,

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I'm using version 1.3

Please let me know if you have any additional suggestions. Thanks,

Duncan

dcow...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2013, 12:35:33 PM1/4/13
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com, dcow...@gmail.com
Hi,

I've tried running the rebuild search index command (see: https://www.qubit-toolkit.org/wiki/Rebuild_search_index) as suggested, but the ghost results are still there. Could someone please tell me how they can be removed? It kind of makes the search engine a little useless since most of the results are not real results.

Thanks,
Duncan

David Juhasz

Jan 4, 2013, 12:53:06 PM1/4/13
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Duncan,

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "search by subject".  Are you using the "Browse by > Subjects" link, or are you doing a search using the search bar or "Advanced Search" interface?

Could you please supply screenshots of the problem, or URLs so we can see what's happening in your AtoM instance?  If you don't want to post your site URL to the public forum, then please send an email to sup...@artefactual.com.

Regards,
David

David Juhasz
Director, Technical Services

Artefactual Systems Inc.
www.artefactual.com

dcow...@gmail.com

dcow...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2013, 1:02:27 PM1/4/13
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com, dcow...@gmail.com
Hi again,

I've done some searching around and it appears that after running the rebuild search command there is still ghost data in the "slug" and "term_i18n" tables. Is there anyway to clear the deleted material out of there tables without wiping out still existing records?

Thanks,
Duncan

David Juhasz

Jan 4, 2013, 2:40:10 PM1/4/13
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Duncan,

We have a PHP script that we've used in the past to delete extra "ghost" rows in the database.  To use it:

1) Backup your database! See: https://www.qubit-toolkit.org/wiki/Data_backup#Database_backup for instructions on backing up a MySQL database.

2) DO NOT proceed unless you've successfully backed up your Data!  This script deletes data from the database, and restoring a backup is the only way to retrieve the data.  The script should not delete any "real" data from the database, but there may be bugs with the script that we have not identified.

3) Download https://github.com/djjuhasz/random-scripts/archive/master.zip and unzip it

4) Move the file "delete-corrupt-qubit-rows.php" to a directory within your web root

5) Open the delete-corrupt-qubit-rows.php script with a browser

6) Fill in the MySQL credentials and click "delete"

The script will output the results to your browser. Make sure to delete the "delete-corrupt-qubit-rows.php" after you are done using it, or move it outside your web root.

Regards,
David

dcow...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2013, 2:59:22 PM1/4/13
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi again,

Thank you for the PHP script. However, it appears that the rebuild search command did work. In addition to running the command, I needed to both clear the browser's cache and then quitting the browser. Upon reopening the browser the ghost records were gone. Indeed, there seems to be only a single reference to the subject associated with the records (there were 1800 records) left in the DB. Since it worked I'm not going to run, and there doesn't appear to be any need to run, the php script.

Thank you for your help.
Duncan