Re: [IBM1130] Digest for ibm1130@googlegroups.com - 8 Messages in 2 Topics

James Larson

Aug 30, 2013, 9:35:33 AM8/30/13
to ibm1130
Here is a link to my FIAR page...

Enjoy!

And, yes, when I get my hands on the source for Lunar Lander, I'll give it the same treatment!

I started on a page for 3DTTT... I got it lying around somewhere...

James Larson
Programmer/Analyst Consultant
http://www.dst-corp.com/james
In God We Trust...

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 3:19 AM, <ibm...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/ibm1130/topics

    James Larson <jlarso...@gmail.com> Aug 29 08:42AM -0400

    Games?!? As in, more than one?

    Please post more info on these games! I already know about FIAR and 3DTTT.
    Are there others?

    James Larson
    Programmer/Analyst Consultant
    http://www.dst-corp.com/james
    In God We Trust...

    John McKee <jmm...@flinthills.com> Aug 29 08:33AM -0500

    BATNM Battle of Numbers. Only saw it distributed as an object deck.
    Involved removing "sticks" from a pile. Person removing the last "stick"
    lost.

    A lunar lander simulator. Started at descent. Needed to not land too hard
    and also not run out of fuel.

    John McKee

    "Richard Stofer" <rst...@pacbell.net> Aug 29 08:44AM -0700

    Somewhere around here I have a couple of the old BASIC games books popular
    in the late '70s. I recoded the Dave Ahl version of Lunar Lander to 1130
    Fortran

    It's only about 6k but I don't want to attach it to this email since not
    everyone will want it. Send me an email and I'll return a copy

    If you want Robert Louden's 3D TTT, just ask. I'll send that as well.

    rstofer AT pacbell DOT net

    John McKee <jmm...@flinthills.com> Aug 29 10:58AM -0500

    I'm interested. Been wondering how the lander worked. I vaguely recall it
    kicked out a lot of paper, or could anyway, on line printer.

    Seems like the person (I am sorry I can't remember your name) who
    translated FIAR to web could do the same with lunar lander. It would be
    better than original.

    John McKee

    "Walter T. Mosscrop" <wmos...@cox.net> Aug 29 07:20PM -0500

    Yes, more than one. Richard Stofer kindly provided the 3DTTT game, which I have greatly enjoyed but rarely won.

    I wrote a blackjack game (where the computer is the dealer) back when I was in high school. If anyone's interested I'll send the source files (Fortran and assembly).

    Walter
    Please post more info on these games! I already know about FIAR and 3DTTT. Are there others?

    James Larson
    Programmer/Analyst Consultant
    http://www.dst-corp.com/james
    In God We Trust...

    On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 3:16 AM, <ibm...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

    Today's Topic Summary
    Group: http://groups.google.com/group/ibm1130/topics

    a.. A modern-day IBM1130? [3 Updates]
    b.. A modern-day IBM1130? [1 Update]
    A modern-day IBM1130?
    "Walter T. Mosscrop" <wmos...@cox.net> Aug 28 08:46PM -0500

    And then there's my work in progress, an 1130 emulator based on a Parallax Propeller microcontroller...

    http://forums.parallax.com/blog.php/58796-Retrocomputing...and-whatever-else-comes-to-mind

    http://www.parallax.com/product/p8x32a-d40

    The CPU emulation is about 3X faster than the original 1130. I use an SD card for the card deck (emulating a 2501) and for the printer (1403). The disk is emulated on a 2MB flash chip, and there are 8K words of core memory.

    A modified electronic typewriter (via RS-232) acts as the console keyboard/printer. I apparently damaged one of the connectors a while back and have yet to figure out how to fix it. It's on my (ever growing) project list.

    In the meantime, I wrote a quick-and-dirty console emulator program so that I can still play the games.

    Walter Mosscrop
Sep 21, 2013, 1:04:55 AM9/21/13
to ibm...@googlegroups.com

In 1965 I began my career working for Gordon H. Spencer at Scientific Calculations, in Fairport, NY, along with Pat Hennessy, Herb Weiner and Charlie DePauw. We primarily wrote SW for designing optical systems, and wrote Program for Optical System Design (POSD)  for IBM for the 1130 and System 360. Gordon wrote the FIAR program and it was great to see it resurface.

Lyle Norton mailto:lylean...@gmail.com