Re: [IBM1130] Digest for ibm1130@googlegroups.com - 4 Messages in 2 Topics

James Larson

Aug 29, 2013, 8:42:16 AM8/29/13
to ibm1130
Games?!? As in, more than one?

Please post more info on these games! I already know about FIAR and 3DTTT. Are there others?

James Larson
Programmer/Analyst Consultant
http://www.dst-corp.com/james
In God We Trust...

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 3:16 AM, <ibm...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/ibm1130/topics

    "Walter T. Mosscrop" <wmos...@cox.net> Aug 28 08:46PM -0500

    And then there's my work in progress, an 1130 emulator based on a Parallax Propeller microcontroller...

    http://forums.parallax.com/blog.php/58796-Retrocomputing...and-whatever-else-comes-to-mind

    http://www.parallax.com/product/p8x32a-d40

    The CPU emulation is about 3X faster than the original 1130. I use an SD card for the card deck (emulating a 2501) and for the printer (1403). The disk is emulated on a 2MB flash chip, and there are 8K words of core memory.

    A modified electronic typewriter (via RS-232) acts as the console keyboard/printer. I apparently damaged one of the connectors a while back and have yet to figure out how to fix it. It's on my (ever growing) project list.

    In the meantime, I wrote a quick-and-dirty console emulator program so that I can still play the games.

    Walter Mosscrop
Aug 29, 2013, 9:33:13 AM8/29/13
to ibm...@googlegroups.com
BATNM Battle of Numbers.  Only saw it distributed as an object deck.  Involved removing "sticks" from a pile.  Person removing the last "stick" lost.

A lunar lander simulator.  Started at descent.  Needed to not land too hard and also not run out of fuel.

John McKee

Richard Stofer

Aug 29, 2013, 11:44:55 AM8/29/13
to ibm...@googlegroups.com

Somewhere around here I have a couple of the old BASIC games books popular in the late ‘70s.  I recoded the Dave Ahl version of Lunar Lander to 1130 Fortran

It’s only about 6k but I don’t want to attach it to this email since not everyone will want it.  Send me an email and I’ll return a copy

If you want Robert Louden’s 3D TTT, just ask. I’ll send that as well.

rstofer AT pacbell DOT net

John McKee

Aug 29, 2013, 11:58:41 AM8/29/13
to ibm...@googlegroups.com
I'm interested.  Been wondering how the lander worked.  I vaguely recall it kicked out a lot of paper, or could anyway, on line printer.

Seems like the person (I am sorry I can't remember your name) who translated FIAR to web could do the same with lunar lander.  It would be better than original.

John McKee

Walter T. Mosscrop

Aug 29, 2013, 8:20:05 PM8/29/13
to ibm...@googlegroups.com
Yes, more than one. Richard Stofer kindly provided  the 3DTTT game, which I have greatly enjoyed but rarely won.

I wrote a blackjack game (where the computer is the dealer) back when I was in high school. If anyone's interested I'll send the source files (Fortran and assembly).

Walter
      Bob Flanders <bob.fl...@gmail.com> Aug 28 03:18PM -0700

      In 2007, Richard Stofer demonstrated his IBM1130 emulator as seen in the
      links at http://ibm1130.org/party.

      Today, I ran across this blog post detailing how Mr. Carl Claunch is
      recreating the 1130 with a mixture of modern and old hardware.

      Fascinating! Here's the link... http://ibm1130.blogspot.com/

      Bob Flanders

    John McKee

    Aug 29, 2013, 8:24:08 PM8/29/13