EMU compiler

Eddy Quicksall

May 7, 2015, 11:29:31 AM5/7/15
to ibm...@googlegroups.com
This information was in some unassociated threads so I figured I would start a dedicated thread.

The EMU compiler was enhanced and maintained by DNA systems in the early 70's and continued up to about '83. It became a standard part of DNA's TSO operating system which ran on modified IBM 1130's, Digital Scientific Meta-4, CHI 2130 and GA 1830.

The DNA version of the EMU compiler supports Complex arithmetic, formatted disk I/O, INTEGER *4, *TWO WORD INTEGERS, *USASI ALLOCATIONS, DEFINE FILE with E or L type, ENDFILE, REWIND, BACKSPACE, large concatenated disk files, Concordance (cross reference) list, multiple entry points, REREAD, ERR=x and END=x, execution reassignment of I/O unit numbers, assigned go to, block data, boolean operators, debug specification, G and L format codes, H type literal constants, logical if, object time formats, and more.

I have been trying to locate the EMU Fortran compiler source. I know a guy that has all of the source from DNA Systems. The sources are all on tape but there are so many tapes that he doesn't know where to start. I have contacted one of the authors who ported the EMU compiler to the DNA 1130 TSO operating system but he can't remember any source names or cartridge IDs.

I will keep trying to locate it.

The EMU compiler is available in executable form if you want to try it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wjwmswtv297cqyx/release.rar?dl=0

Eddy

Eddy Q

Jun 4, 2015, 8:15:49 AM6/4/15
to ibm...@googlegroups.com
I have some source that used the 1130 EMU Fortran compiler. It has *IOCS(DISK, ISAM). I does anyone remember ISAM with the EMU compiler?

Eddy Q

Jun 26, 2015, 1:00:49 PM6/26/15
to ibm...@googlegroups.com
I found a manual on how to ISAM. I have placed it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0oj9z2grk8tfeod/FISAM.pdf?dl=0.
I don't know where the binaries are but ISAM can be used if you download the emulator at https://www.dropbox.com/s/wjwmswtv297cqyx/release.rar?dl=0

Eddy

Eddy Quicksall

Jul 30, 2016, 5:36:15 PM7/30/16
to ibm...@googlegroups.com

About a week ago someone asked if anyone had the EMU compiler. So I responded saying I have it on a cartridge but don’t know how to extract it into a form that it can be loaded onto your emulator. I sent my cartridge and Brian did some work to get it to mount.

Are you still interested? If someone can write a program to extract phases to a file you can send it to me and I’ll run it on my system and send you the file.

Please let me know.

Eddy