C# 1130 emulator moved to .net core

Bob Flanders

Aug 18, 2016, 9:34:05 PM8/18/16
to IBM1130
Hi all,

A while ago, I started implementing an 1130 emulator using Test Driven Development in C#. One of the comments that I got was that it required Windows.

I have been reading about .net core, a new version that is smaller and not dependent on windows. I decided to move the emulator to this new version of .net and have published the new version in git.

If you are interested, it can be found at https://github.com/semuhphor/IBM1130Emulator.git. There are links on the readme about how to install .net core and how to build tests.

At this point, there are no new features since last year, so only the CPU and 2501 are "complete". Just the build environment has changed.

I'll try it on Windows and Linux in the coming days.

Regards,
Bob