CSMP User Manual

Richard Stofer

Mar 17, 2016, 3:54:51 PM3/17/16
to ibm...@googlegroups.com

Does anybody have a link to the User Manual for the IBM 1130 Continuous System Modeling Program?

I have the System Manual (and the source, of course) but it escapes me how to define a forcing function like SIN(4t).  I know how to cross-couple two integrators and an inverter to generate SIN(t) and COS(t) but that doesn’t help because I don’t have access to ‘t’ (that I know of).

I’m not sure that the Function Generator concept is useful in that it has a limited number of discrete steps (7 I believe).   That few steps doesn’t make a very nice SIN wave.  There doesn’t appear to be a way to use the 5 external subroutines.  They have access to COMMON (thus ‘t’) but they don’t return anything nor is there a mechanism to use a returned value even if it did exist.  They’re subroutines, not functions.

I also have “A Guide To Using CSMP” but it is based on the 360 version and that is a totally different approach.

I have been having a lot of fun modeling differential equations but, to date, they have been rather trivial.  Now it’s time to expand the scope a bit and I seem to have hit a wall.

Dave Wade

Mar 17, 2016, 7:30:12 PM3/17/16
to ibm...@googlegroups.com

Richard,

Not sure what I have, probably not a user manual, but I do have some books and manuals with more info on the CSMP that runs on the 1130. Will get back to you off list if that’s OK.

Dave