Change email address

Eddy Quicksall

Jul 29, 2016, 1:04:18 PM7/29/16
to ibm...@googlegroups.com

gmail seems to drop lots of my emails. I found that my regular email address works much  better. But I think I have to go through googlegroups. I got onto that web site but can’t see how to change my email address. Does anyone know how to do that?

Eddy

Bob Flanders

Jul 29, 2016, 1:05:17 PM7/29/16
to ibm...@googlegroups.com
Let me look ...

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 1:04 PM, Eddy Quicksall <Ed...@quicksall.com> wrote:

gmail seems to drop lots of my emails. I found that my regular email address works much  better. But I think I have to go through googlegroups. I got onto that web site but can’t see how to change my email address. Does anyone know how to do that?

Eddy

Bob Flanders

Jul 29, 2016, 1:09:55 PM7/29/16
to ibm...@googlegroups.com
I just released a message you sent. I also see two accounts for you... Notice the joined dates.

I see no way to change the email for either account, but both are active.

Showing Members matching 'eddy'ChangeClear
Showing 2 of 2 members
Display name

Role
Email
Delivery
Joined
Posting
Eddy Quicksall
Member
No email
7/30/14
Allowed
Eddy Quicksall
Member
All email
7/24/11
Allowed

Eddy Quicksall

Jul 29, 2016, 1:37:31 PM7/29/16
to ibm...@googlegroups.com

Hmm, maybe I should just delete the esqui...@gmail.com account. That should take care of it. But I’m getting old and I tend to screw up when trying to deal with these “state of the art” web pages. J

Eddy

Bob Flanders

Jul 29, 2016, 1:46:39 PM7/29/16
to ibm...@googlegroups.com
If you would like, I can set your Ed...@quicksall.com to deliver all mail, and delete your gmail account.

Bob

Eddy Quicksall

Jul 29, 2016, 3:15:23 PM7/29/16
to IBM1130
Yes, please do. I goofed reading how to change it. Something gave me wrong information and now I can't get gmail (which is what I wanted anyway). I prefer the account that has Ed...@Quicksall.com as the email address.

Bob Flanders

Jul 29, 2016, 8:28:45 PM7/29/16
to ibm...@googlegroups.com
Ok, you should get messages at ed...@quicksall.com

I see you changed your gmail to not get messages.

I did not delete the gmail account. It shouldn't matter.

Remember that if you send a message, you will not get a copy on the email account from which you sent it.

Bob

John R Pierce

Jul 29, 2016, 8:44:19 PM7/29/16
to ibm...@googlegroups.com
On 7/29/2016 5:28 PM, Bob Flanders wrote:
> Remember that if you send a message, you will not get a copy on the
> email account from which you sent it.

that behavior is specific to a gmail account. my hogranch.com, which
is my own personal email server running on linux, I get all messages,
including my own.

Eddy Quicksall

Jul 29, 2016, 8:56:45 PM7/29/16
to ibm...@googlegroups.com

Ok, this will be a test.

On 7/29/2016 5:28 PM, Bob Flanders wrote:

Eddy Quicksall

Jul 29, 2016, 8:59:49 PM7/29/16
to ibm...@googlegroups.com

It did reflect … I’m all good now I think.