DM2 source

Eddy Quicksall

Aug 5, 2016, 7:51:45 AM8/5/16
to ibm...@googlegroups.com

From where can I download the DM2 source?

Eddy

Bob Flanders

Aug 5, 2016, 9:28:19 AM8/5/16
to ibm...@googlegroups.com
It comes with the ibm1130.org emulator.

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 7:51 AM, Eddy Quicksall <Ed...@quicksall.com> wrote:

From where can I download the DM2 source?

Eddy

br...@quarterbyte.com

Aug 5, 2016, 4:57:09 PM8/5/16
to ibm...@googlegroups.com
I'll try to update things this weekend.

BTW putting wait loops into jedexit.asm, looping on $PBSY, fixes the STORECI issue with high speed disk responses. The added code fits into the extra space for patches that IBM left at the end of the phase.

I'll provide the option of using the patched version. If you use the modified DMS, you can speed up the disk responses.

brian

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 4:51 AM, Eddy Quicksall <Ed...@quicksall.com> wrote:

From where can I download the DM2 source?

Eddy

Eddy Quicksall

Aug 6, 2016, 11:08:41 AM8/6/16
to ibm...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Bob,

I downloaded that but only see source to the emulations and emulation support routines. What I’m looking for is the source to the DM2 operating system. I.e. Fortran, DUP, Monitor Control Record processing, etc. My customer has all of that on DNA tapes but he just does not have the time to go through them all.

Is there an archive of that?

Aug 6, 2016, 12:14:32 PM8/6/16
to ibm...@googlegroups.com
The ZIP file that cotains the the emulator contains a ZIP archive with the source code.

John McKee

On Sat, Aug 6, 2016 at 10:08 AM, Eddy Quicksall <Ed...@quicksall.com> wrote:

Thanks Bob,

I downloaded that but only see source to the emulations and emulation support routines. What I’m looking for is the source to the DM2 operating system. I.e. Fortran, DUP, Monitor Control Record processing, etc. My customer has all of that on DNA tapes but he just does not have the time to go through them all.

Is there an archive of that?

Aug 6, 2016, 10:59:28 PM8/6/16
to ibm...@googlegroups.com

They’re in the package!  Look in the ibm1130software.zip file included in the ibm1130.zip file.

ibm1130\ibm1130software.zip\dmsr2v12