Change of email address

John McKee

Mar 5, 2015, 6:15:45 PM3/5/15
to ibm...@googlegroups.com
I have been told I will need to change my email address - for the first time since I got email in 1995.

How do I change my address on this list?

John McKee

szo...@collabri.com

Mar 5, 2015, 6:53:38 PM3/5/15
to ibm...@googlegroups.com
Hi John - Welcome to another Unnecessarily Cryptic Process:

This has worked for me in the past but your mileage may vary. Posting
here in case it's useful to others on this list.

Using a non-Google groups account (which I assume you are talking
about since the date you reference) you may send an e-mail to
ibm1130+u...@googlegroups.com FROM the account you are trying
to "disengage" and then send an e-mail to
ibm1130+...@googlegroups.com FROM the new e-mail account
(provided that you don't want to go through all of the Google
machinery around signing in and groups...)

Of course - the group admin will have to approve it if it's not an
"open membership" group.

Regards,
Steve