WebLogic plug-in

Mark Buensalido

Sep 23, 2003, 7:09:26 PM9/23/03
Hi- I am working on an application that I inherited. Finally, after much
work, I have resolved many of the compilation problems and circular
references. The application consists of about 20 EJB projects, 1 Web
project, 1 utility jar, and 1 EAR that ties everything together.

As I said, I have solved all the problems in the workspace. Now, I just
can't get any of the Session EJB projects to build. The entity EJB projects
seem to build fine. Here is the stack trace from ejbc:

ERROR: Error from ejbc: Class not found: Lcom/cwb/ejb/commons/CWBProperties;

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Class not found:
Lcom/cwb/ejb/commons/CWBProperties;
at
weblogic.ejb20.compliance.EJBComplianceChecker.check(EJBComplianceChecker.ja
va:282)
at
weblogic.ejb20.compliance.EJBComplianceChecker.checkDeploymentInfo(EJBCompli
anceChecker.java:227)
at weblogic.ejb20.ejbc.EJBCompiler.complianceCheckJar(EJBCompiler.java:923)
at weblogic.ejb20.ejbc.EJBCompiler.checkCompliance(EJBCompiler.java:879)
at weblogic.ejb20.ejbc.EJBCompiler.doCompile(EJBCompiler.java:232)
at weblogic.ejb20.ejbc.EJBCompiler.compileEJB(EJBCompiler.java:396)
at weblogic.ejbc20.runBody(ejbc20.java:464)
at weblogic.utils.compiler.Tool.run(Tool.java:126)
at weblogic.ejbc.main(ejbc.java:21)

ERROR: ejbc found errors

So, when I use the "Rebuild Project" contextual menu item, the progress bar
goes through compilation, validation, and building. Then, the console
reports the error above. I have already checked:

1. Build path (it contains everything necessary)
2. Java JAR dependencies
3. Project references

For some reason, ejbc is not finding the appropriate classpath. Any help on
this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mark Buensalido

Sep 23, 2003, 7:40:05 PM9/23/03
Here are more clues to what might be going on. At the moment, I'm just
~hacking~ through it to get anything to work. Obviously, I would like a more
optimal solution. So, the first session EJB in my workspace has references
to two other EJB projects and the sole utility jar. If I jar those dependent
projects up and make them ACTUAL files in the file system, then when I try
to rebuild the project it builds fine.

In an IDE like WSAD, I didn't think these physical files were actually
needed. Am I wrong? Is there a particular technique to AVOID this jar
creation? Thanks.

"Mark Buensalido" <mark_bu...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Anders Domeij

Sep 24, 2003, 3:20:05 PM9/24/03
RMB on the project and go to java build path.
In there you can 'tell' WSAD to map projects as .jar files.
This letts WSAD work as if a projedt actually was a jar file.

Do'nt forget to actually create jar files when you export the though
outside of WSAD the jar files still need to exist!

Hope this helps
/Anders

Robert Panzer

Oct 9, 2003, 2:00:27 PM10/9/03
Hi Mark!

Are you sure that you also have implemented those dependencies in the
MANIFEST files?
When WSAD builds the project, it uses the classpath from the .classpath
file.
But when weblogic builds the implementations of the local and remote
interfaces it uses the classpath defined in the
MANIFEST.MF file of the ejb-jar file.

Regards, Robert

"Mark Buensalido" <mark_bu...@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag