problems restarting WSAD

IMB4U

Jan 16, 2003, 4:55:55 AM1/16/03
I'm running WSAD v4. I managed to crash the whole WSAD system running my
code. When I went to restart WSAD, it wouldn't start. I powered down the
machine and tried again with the same results.

Checking the log, I see:

4 org.eclipse.core.runtime 2 Plugin org.eclipse.ui was unable to instantiate
class org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.
org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.DelegatingLoaderException:
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Problems encountered starting up
plug-in: org.eclipse.core.resources.

at
org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor.internalDoPluginActivatio
n(PluginDescriptor.java:661)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor.doPluginActivation(Plugin
Descriptor.java:204)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginClassLoader.activatePlugin(PluginCla
ssLoader.java:52)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginClassLoader.findClassParentsSelf(Plu
ginClassLoader.java:128)

at
org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.DelegatingURLClassLoader.loadClass(Delegating
URLClassLoader.java:624)

Any ideas why even the base plugins won't load?

thanks

Chris R

Jan 17, 2003, 11:56:50 AM1/17/03
Will it restart with a fresh workspace?
e.g wsappdev.exe -data workspace_new

If it does, you will probably have to create the same projects you had
in the first workspace, close the workbench and then copy the old
projects over the top of the new ones.

Regards
Chris