Web Service client works in WSAD but not on AIX as Standalone

allan....@sentry.com

Oct 6, 2005, 9:24:13 AM10/6/05
I've written a simple Java application client that calls a web service. It is a standalone JAR that will be croned and run nightly. It basically queries a datastore and where needed it calls this web service to obtain new data and updates the datastore with current information.

Anyway - It runs great within WebSphere Studio. I've exported the JAR file and uploaded it to my AIX server.

I wrote a shell script to kick it off in which I set up the classpath. I got through all the class not found errors by hunting down needed jar dependencies and including them in the classpath (there were a lot for the web service)

But now I'm stuck on an exception. I'll include the stack trace here. If someone could help me out that would be appreciated. I think that it is an environment related thing and not a data related thing because once again it works fine when I run it locally.

As you can see the exception is being thrown by the IBM "Web Services" Engine. The classes that start with com.sentry.xmlschemas are the Web Service client ones that WSAD generated with the wizard. The com.sentry.BatchClaimOdsUpdate classes are my business logic. I can post more detail if it would help.

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.encoding.DefaultTypeMappingImpl.class$(DefaultTypeMappingImpl.java:128)
at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.encoding.DefaultTypeMappingImpl.<init>(DefaultTypeMappingImpl.java:311)
at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.encoding.DefaultTypeMappingImpl.getSingleton(DefaultTypeMappingImpl.java:138)
at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.encoding.TypeMappingRegistryImpl.<init>(TypeMappingRegistryImpl.java:206)
at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.configuration.SimpleEngineConfigurationProvider.getTypeMappingRegistry(SimpleEngineConfigurationProvider.java:201)
at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.configuration.SimpleEngineConfigurationProvider.getTypeMappingRegistry(SimpleEngineConfigurationProvider.java:197)
at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.WebServicesEngine.getTypeMappingRegistry(WebServicesEngine.java:426)
at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.client.Stub.getTypeMapping(Stub.java:617)
at com.sentry.xmlschemas.WsClaimAttributeSearchSoapStub.initTypeMapping(WsClaimAttributeSearchSoapStub.java:27)
at com.sentry.xmlschemas.WsClaimAttributeSearchSoapStub.<init>(WsClaimAttributeSearchSoapStub.java:20)
at com.sentry.xmlschemas.WsClaimAttributeSearchLocator.getWsClaimAttributeSearchSoap(WsClaimAttributeSearchLocator.java:44)
at com.sentry.xmlschemas.WsClaimAttributeSearchLocator.getWsClaimAttributeSearchSoap(WsClaimAttributeSearchLocator.java:39)
at com.sentry.xmlschemas.WsClaimAttributeSearchSoapProxy._initWsClaimAttributeSearchSoapProxy(WsClaimAttributeSearchSoapProxy.java:24)
at com.sentry.xmlschemas.WsClaimAttributeSearchSoapProxy.<init>(WsClaimAttributeSearchSoapProxy.java:9)
at com.sentry.BatchClaimOdsUpdate.BatchClaimOdsUpdate.processSearchResults(BatchClaimOdsUpdate.java:287)
at com.sentry.BatchClaimOdsUpdate.BatchClaimOdsUpdate.processItemTypes(BatchClaimOdsUpdate.java:205)
at com.sentry.BatchClaimOdsUpdate.BatchClaimOdsUpdate.start(BatchClaimOdsUpdate.java:150)
at com.sentry.BatchClaimOdsUpdate.BatchClaimOdsUpdate.main(BatchClaimOdsUpdate.java:85)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unterminated quote
at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.compile(SimpleDateFormat.java:714)
at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.initialize(SimpleDateFormat.java:513)
at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.<init>(SimpleDateFormat.java:462)
at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.<init>(SimpleDateFormat.java:443)
at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.types.Time.<clinit>(Time.java:89)
... 20 more

allan....@sentry.com

Oct 13, 2005, 9:10:35 AM10/13/05
for anyone that stumbles upon this thread - I found the solution to my problem. This thread helped solve the problem:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/dw_thread.jsp?message=13746829&cat=7&thread=29252&treeDisplayType=threadmode1&forum=166#13746829