com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory not found

henry sun

Jun 10, 2003, 2:34:56 PM6/10/03

I am using WSAD5 and when I lookup context, the error occurs like
"com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory " not found. Can anyone
tell me what jar files I should add in my classpath?

I tried naming.jar and ns.jar, but WSAD still goes wrong. The new error
message is:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/CORBA/iiop/ObjectURL
at
com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory.init_implClassCtor(WsnInit
ialContextFactory.java:168)
at
com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(WsnIniti
alContextFactory.java:108)
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:662)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:243)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:219)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:195)
at com.allmedia.domain.util.dao.DAOFactory.getDAO(DAOFactory.java:40)
at com.allmedia.domain.facade.CategoryFacade.<init>(CategoryFacade.java:33)
at
com.allmedia.domain.facade.CategoryFacade.getInstance(CategoryFacade.java:45
)
at
com.allmedia.domain.facade.CategoryFacadeTest.setUp(CategoryFacadeTest.java:
44)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRu
nner.java:329)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.
java:218)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner
.java:151)

Thanks.

Damien Bonvillain

Jun 10, 2003, 5:34:03 PM6/10/03
"henry sun" <henry...@hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am using WSAD5 and when I lookup context, the error occurs like
> "com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory " not found. Can anyone
> tell me what jar files I should add in my classpath?
>
> I tried naming.jar and ns.jar, but WSAD still goes wrong. The new error
> message is:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/CORBA/iiop/ObjectURL

Put this in your classpath:
WAS_HOME\lib\naming.jar
WAS_HOME\lib\namingservice.jar
WAS_HOME\lib\j2ee.jar
WAS_HOME\properties

It should be possible to use with namingclient.jar, and then it could
require ecutils.jar... can't remember. One day IBM will write a
documentation about this (same question for 3 years on usenet)...

Damien

Lee Carver

Jun 27, 2003, 5:20:20 PM6/27/03
Damien Bonvillain <ka...@cinemasie.com> wrote in message >
> Put this in your classpath:
> WAS_HOME\lib\naming.jar
> WAS_HOME\lib\namingservice.jar
> WAS_HOME\lib\j2ee.jar
> WAS_HOME\properties
>
> It should be possible to use with namingclient.jar, and then it could
> require ecutils.jar... can't remember. One day IBM will write a
> documentation about this (same question for 3 years on usenet)...

I'm trying to run an application with the Sun JDK that talks to an
WSAS-5 EJB. I've gotten similar errors:

- WsnInitialCcontextFactory not found
Resolved by adding namingclient.jar

- no class definition for com/ibm/CORBA/iiop/ObjectURL
I've added all the jars listed above to my ClassPath, but I still get
no class definition for ObjectURL.

Do I need set some system variables (-Dxx=yy java options), or add
still more jars to the client class path.

Damien Bonvillain

Jun 28, 2003, 9:02:04 AM6/28/03
le...@pnambic.com (Lee Carver) writes:

> Damien Bonvillain <ka...@cinemasie.com> wrote in message >
>> Put this in your classpath:
>> WAS_HOME\lib\naming.jar
>> WAS_HOME\lib\namingservice.jar
>> WAS_HOME\lib\j2ee.jar
>> WAS_HOME\properties
>>
>> It should be possible to use with namingclient.jar, and then it could
>> require ecutils.jar... can't remember. One day IBM will write a
>> documentation about this (same question for 3 years on usenet)...
>
> I'm trying to run an application with the Sun JDK that talks to an

> WSAS-5 EJB. [...]

> - no class definition for com/ibm/CORBA/iiop/ObjectURL
> I've added all the jars listed above to my ClassPath, but I still get
> no class definition for ObjectURL.

For this one, you need to use an IBM JRE and not SUN. Perhaps it's
possible to poke around the IBM libs in the jre/lib/ext jars to see if
there is something that fulfills your problem... IMHO it's too much a
pain to do this search... Write Once, Run Anywere...

Damien

yangzhongbin

Jul 14, 2004, 5:39:21 AM7/14/04
please try ibmcor.jar!

developer72

Jul 16, 2004, 5:38:51 AM7/16/04
I didn't found this jar (ibmcor) in my websphere studio installation.

Do you know where it is?