Can WSAD 5.1 and 5.1.1 co-exist on the Same Machine?

Zheng Yi

Feb 21, 2004, 3:06:17 PM2/21/04
I am trying to install WSAD 5.1 on win 2k professional SP4 and am getting
the errors below. I already have WSAD 5.1.1 installed. WHy install 5.1 you
may ask? To use the Portlet Toolkit 5.0.2. All help is appreciated.

Errors occurred during the installation.
a.. An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log
file D:\Devapps\WSAD\WSAD5.1\logs\install.log for details.
b.. An error occurred and product uninstallation failed. Look at the log
file D:\Devapps\WSAD\WSAD5.1\logs\install.log for details.
c..
(Feb 20, 2004 3:30:56 PM), Setup.product.install,
com.ibm.mby.install.beans.InstallArchiveSet, err, An error occurred and
product installation failed. Look at the log file
D:\Devapps\WSAD\WSAD5.1\logs\install.log for details.
(Feb 20, 2004 3:30:56 PM), Setup.product.install,
com.ibm.mby.install.beans.InstallArchiveSet, err, ProductException: (error
code = 601; message="err"; additional data = [java.io.EOFException:
Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream])
STACK_TRACE: 12
ProductException: (error code = 601; message="err"; additional data =
[java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream])
at com.ibm.mby.install.beans.InstallArchiveSet.install(Unknown Source)
at
com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.install
ProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:1916)
at
com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Install
Product.getResultForProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:5150)
at
com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComp
onent(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:369)
at
com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInst
allableComponents(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:333)
at
com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProd
uctBeans(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:133)
at
com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Install
Product.install(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:4533)
at
com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Install
er.execute(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:3728)
at
com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(AsynchronousOpera
tion.java:40)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:566)

(Feb 20, 2004 3:30:56 PM), Setup.product.install,
com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Install
Product, err, An error occurred and product uninstallation failed. Look at
the log file D:\Devapps\WSAD\WSAD5.1\logs\install.log for details.
(Feb 20, 2004 3:30:56 PM), Setup.product.install,
com.ibm.mby.install.beans.InstallArchiveSet, err,
java.lang.NullPointerException
STACK_TRACE: 12
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ibm.mby.install.beans.InstallArchiveSet.uninstall(Unknown Source)
at
com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.uninsta
llProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:1947)
at
com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Install
Product.processActionsFailed(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:5093)
at
com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComp
onent(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:374)
at
com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInst
allableComponents(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:333)
at
com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProd
uctBeans(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:133)
at
com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Install
Product.install(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:4533)
at
com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Install
er.execute(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:3728)
at
com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(AsynchronousOpera
tion.java:40)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:566)

Juanma Martinez

Feb 21, 2004, 6:13:04 PM2/21/04
In article <c18ddl$4c44$1...@news.boulder.ibm.com>, mant...@comcast.net
says...

> I am trying to install WSAD 5.1 on win 2k professional SP4 and am getting
> the errors below. I already have WSAD 5.1.1 installed. WHy install 5.1 you
> may ask? To use the Portlet Toolkit 5.0.2. All help is appreciated.

Having both on the same machine is a not supported configuration.
--
Juanma Martinez

Gary Craig

Feb 27, 2004, 1:12:34 PM2/27/04
My solution to this problem is install WSSD 5.1 with PTK 5.0.2. I have
this coexisting with WSAD 5.1.1.