Beware: MQ Simulator does not work remotely

Saleem Ansari

Apr 28, 2004, 10:21:36 AM4/28/04
I just found this out from IBM and thought will share with you guys.

MQ simulator does not work remotely. Meaning, you cannot send JMS
message via remote applications.

MQ simulator works only in the same VM as that of Websphere. That
means, MDB can receive message and to send message use servlet, JSP or
session bean that runs locally in the same websphere VM.

The error that I receive when I try to run JMS client remotely was:
javax.jms.JMSException: MQJMS2005: failed to create MQQueueManager for
'WAS_localhost_server1'
at
com.ibm.mq.jms.services.ConfigEnvironment.newException(ConfigEnvironment.java:556)

at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQConnection.createQM(MQConnection.java:1736)
at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQConnection.createQMNonXA(MQConnection.java:1129)
at
com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnection.<init>(MQQueueConnection.java:170)
at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnection.<init>(MQQueueConnection.java:80)
at
com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnectionFactory.createQueueConnection(MQQueueConnectionFactory.java:145)

-saM

jge...@itprototype.com

Jun 28, 2006, 1:06:22 PM6/28/06
This is a limitaion of WSAD MQSimulator. When you want to run a JMS client from out side JVM you must have to use Embedded MQ.
Thanks
jge...@itprototype.com
www.itprototype.com