Error in portlets with predeployed ear

meena_par...@keybank.com

Oct 18, 2006, 10:50:35 AM10/18/06
I deployed the ear with two WAR files and registered the portlets with xmlaccess, the portlets display fine when accessing the page the very first time, and it errors out when I refresh the page with 'Portlet unavailable' . This is the error I see in the logs, can anyone please provide any insight?

Uncaught service() exception root cause testPortlet: java.lang.IllegalStateException: This method must not be called after the HTTP-Body was accessed !
at org.apache.pluto.core.impl.PortletRequestImpl.setCharacterEncoding(PortletRequestImpl.java:920)
at com.sun.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.setRequestEncoding(ViewHandlerImpl.java:359)
at com.sun.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.restoreView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:270)
at com.ibm.faces.application.PortletViewHandlerImpl.restoreView(PortletViewHandlerImpl.java:78)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RestoreViewPhase.execute(RestoreViewPhase.java:158)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.phase(LifecycleImpl.java:220)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:91)
at com.ibm.faces.webapp.FacesGenericPortlet.doRender(FacesGenericPortlet.java:358)
at com.ibm.faces.webapp.FacesGenericPortlet.doView(FacesGenericPortlet.java:391)
at com.key.portlet.filenet.FilenetUserInformationPortlet.doView(FilenetUserInformationPortlet.java:38)
at com.ibm.faces.webapp.FacesGenericPortlet.doDispatch(FacesGenericPortlet.java:292)
at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.render(GenericPortlet.java:163)

jpa...@bangtechnology.com

Nov 17, 2006, 9:59:06 PM11/17/06
I have same issue, did you able to solve the problem?

jack_d...@us.ibm.com

Nov 29, 2006, 10:49:33 AM11/29/06
I also have the same problem. Any solution?

Bala Labhishetty

Nov 29, 2006, 1:45:15 PM11/29/06
Did you checked any message in portal log (start with wps followed by datetime) in portal server log directory? I believe you can get more detail info esp location of cause.

Thanks & Regards,
Bala

jack_d...@us.ibm.com

Nov 29, 2006, 2:07:07 PM11/29/06
> Did you checked any message in portal log (start with
> wps followed by datetime) in portal server log
> directory? I believe you can get more detail info esp
> location of cause.

Yes, same as a previous poster:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: This method must not be called after the HTTP-Body was accessed !

at org.apache.pluto.core.impl.PortletRequestImpl.setCharacterEncoding(PortletRequestImpl.java:920)
at com.sun.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.setRequestEncoding(ViewHandlerImpl.java:359)
at com.sun.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.restoreView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:270)
at com.ibm.faces.application.PortletViewHandlerImpl.restoreView(PortletViewHandlerImpl.java:78)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RestoreViewPhase.execute(RestoreViewPhase.java:158)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.phase(LifecycleImpl.java:220)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:91)

at com.ibm.faces.webapp.FacesGenericPortlet.doRender(FacesGenericPortlet.java:356)
at com.ibm.faces.webapp.FacesGenericPortlet.doConfigure(FacesGenericPortlet.java:399)
at com.ibm.faces.webapp.FacesGenericPortlet.doDispatch(FacesGenericPortlet.java:299)
at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.render(GenericPortlet.java:163)
at com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.std.cmpf.impl.PortletFilterChainImpl.render(PortletFilterChainImpl.java:144)
at com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.std.invoker.impl.PortletServlet.dispatch(PortletServlet.java:131)
... 150 more

jignes...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2006, 6:11:11 PM11/29/06
I belive this happens if your jsp has a selectOneMenu and thentry to
deploy a .ear or .war file which is developed using 5.1 and then on 6.0
portal.

bnaha

Nov 30, 2006, 12:03:30 PM11/30/06
I believe you are using rsa6.0.1 and deploying on was 6.x.

Try doing the following.
Get the jsf-impl.jar and jsf-api.jar from RAD6.0 .
Replace these in your web-inf/lib over the existing jars.
Set your server classpath policy to make classloader load Parent_last to make it prevent loading the one from server.

Let me know how it goes.
It worked for me.

prab...@yahoo.com

Apr 26, 2007, 10:08:09 AM4/26/07
I am having the same problem. where you able to fix it ?
I tried changing the class loader, it helped me on RAD6.0 but when deployed on WAS6.0 it fails to load the portlets on refresh.
This is urgent any help will be highly appreciated

p...@us.ibm.com

Jan 30, 2008, 6:53:44 PM1/30/08
Did anyone ever solve this issue? I am seeing the same thing.<br />
Thx