Problem with authentication filter

pranav143

Sep 15, 2009, 3:05:33 AM9/15/09
I am using explicit filter to redirect URL depending upon the user logged in .
Let's say user A will log in and he will land in page A. Similarly when user B will log in he will land in Page B.

I am able to do it when I use the portal login portlet but when I use my own custom portlet I am not able see the desired page .
In case of custom portlet When I enter my credentials it shows that I am logged in but again redirects me to the same page.
This not the case with the login portlet.This only happens when i use my custom login portlet.

I can see in console it calls the redirect URL but the page doesn't get redirected.
Console is same for the both case but in custom login portlet it doesn't get redirected.

Can I get any help on this .

Thanks

Pranav

pranav143

Sep 15, 2009, 3:05:35 AM9/15/09

jwbarnes

Sep 15, 2009, 8:26:11 AM9/15/09
does your custom login portlet do anything special?

Can you show the code you are calling to login?

pranav143

Sep 15, 2009, 12:14:07 PM9/15/09
Thanks a lot everyone. I changed the image and its working now .
No idea what was the problem with that.

Pranav

Neeraj Sidhaye

Sep 15, 2009, 12:11:31 PM9/15/09
see if these could help you in any way...

[Custom landing page after login - Authentication Filter approach|http://extremeportal.blogspot.com/2009/08/custom-landing-page-after-login.html]

[Authentication Filter implementation|http://extremeportal.blogspot.com/2009/06/authentication-filter-implementation-in.html]

thanks..
**
*[Extreme Portal|http://ExtremePortal.blogspot.com]*

pranav143

Sep 17, 2009, 2:13:37 AM9/17/09
Does anyone have any idea how to send the exception back from authentication filter to login portlet ?

Neeraj Sidhaye

Sep 17, 2009, 5:18:26 AM9/17/09
I am not sure about sending exception back from filter to login portlet but yes there is tricky way around.
If i you understood correctly, your flow is

a)user logs in to portal
b)if any exception occured in filter you want to show error message in login portlet

right?

pranav143

Sep 17, 2009, 5:30:44 AM9/17/09
yes exactly.

I am able to do it in case of explicit filter but i am unable to do it in case of implicit filter.

Neeraj Sidhaye

Sep 17, 2009, 9:33:09 AM9/17/09
i did with explicit filter but yes you can give a try with implicit filter

here you go...
once you receive any error in filter, generate a url to login portlet using URL generation API and redirect from catch block.
also put some attribute in parameter map and retrieve the same in doView of login portlet and based on that show error page.

hope that helps

**
*[ExtremePortal|http://ExtremePortal.blogspot.com]*

decoursey

Sep 17, 2009, 12:59:24 PM9/17/09
Good question.. If you follow this link and go down to servlet filter I think you will have a better understanding whats missing in your custom login portlet.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/techjournal/0711_abbass/0711_abbass.html

Additionally you can verify your code with custom portlets tab as well.

set_cookie ( " ", " ", 2100, 01, 15, "/",
"", "" );
set_cookie ( " ", " ", 2100, 01,
15, "/", "", "" );

pranav143

Sep 25, 2009, 11:09:14 AM9/25/09
[2]

Delegation Mode: PARENT_LAST
[3] com.ibm.ws.classloader.ProtectionClassLoader@1d441d44
[4] com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.ExtClassLoader@7e7a7e7a
[5] org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader@228e228e
[6] sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@155c155c
[7] sun.misc.Launcher$ExtClassLoader@438a438a
---Original exception---
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: (authfilters/AuthFilter) bad major version at offset=6
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassImpl(Native Method)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:151)
at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader._defineClass(CompoundClassLoader.java:555)
at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.findClass(CompoundClassLoader.java:506)
at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.loadClass(CompoundClassLoader.java:389)
at java.lang.Class.forNameImpl(Native Method)..

Any help .

jwbarnes

Sep 28, 2009, 8:08:53 AM9/28/09
Are you compiling with the right JDK? I would check that first, if you send me your class file I can check to see what version it is
Jim

pranav143

Sep 28, 2009, 10:18:25 AM9/28/09
I recompiled it with JDK 1.5 and the problem is gone.