Web Content Libraries Portlet is unavailable

san...@mercurycc.com

Feb 19, 2007, 11:04:05 AM2/19/07
Hello all,

I have installed WebSphere Portal 6.0 with Fixpack 1. I have run the task configure-wcm-authoring.

I can go into Authoring portlet and create all the items and publish content through a local rendering portlet.

However, at this point I am unable to create 'Web Content Libraries'. When i log in wpsadmin, within Portal Administration and go to Portal content -> Web Content Libraries .. I get a message saying that Web Content libraries .. This portlet is unavailable. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Sreenivas Angara

Bas

Apr 18, 2007, 8:02:58 AM4/18/07
On 19 feb, 18:04, <sang...@mercurycc.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have installed WebSphere Portal 6.0 with Fixpack 1. I have run the task configure-wcm-authoring.
>
> I can go into Authoring portlet and create all the items and publishcontentthrough a local rendering portlet.
>
> However, at this point I am unable to create 'WebContentLibraries'. When i log in wpsadmin, within Portal Administration and go to Portalcontent->WebContentLibraries.. I get a message saying thatWebContentlibraries.. This portlet isunavailable. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you
> Sreenivas Angara

Have you ever got an answer on this subject. I have the same problem.

sue_ga...@uk.ibm.com

May 25, 2007, 10:29:12 AM5/25/07
I too am getting this problem. I'm guessing it's some sort of Java/JRE problem from the error in the log:
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: com.ibm.workplace.wcm.app.ui.portlet.model.ApplicationModel tried to access method com/presence/connect/wmmcomms/PrincipalInformation.<init>(Lcom/ibm/wps/puma/Principal;)V
at com.ibm.workplace.wcm.app.ui.portlet.model.ApplicationModel.<init>(ApplicationModel.java:161)
at com.ibm.workplace.wcm.app.ui.admin.AdminPortlet.getApplicationModel(AdminPortlet.java:297)
at com.ibm.workplace.wcm.app.ui.admin.AdminPortlet.doView(AdminPortlet.java:342)

Does anyone know how to fix this?

btan...@sopragroup.com

Jun 1, 2007, 5:08:29 AM6/1/07
hi
i'm too getting the same problem.
watch my configuration
windows server 2003
i hadn't websphere process server.
i installed with 2 ways.

first one :
was nd 6.0.2.9 with a manager dmgr
create wp_profile
federation of wp_profile on dmgr (addNode)
install : 6.0.2.19 SR7 of jdk
install : was 6.0.2.17
install : fix PK32069, PK32424, PK34800, PK37272, PK40359, PK41358
configuration of file like wpconfig.properties with needed passwords
install : wps 6.0.1
WPSConfig configure-wcm-authoring

second one :
wps 6.0.0.0 with was embedded 6.0.2.9
configuration of file like wpconfig.properties with needed passwords
WPSConfig disable security
WPSConfig enable-security-ldap
WPSConfig configure-wcm-authoring
tuning of files like wcmservices.xml, http transport ...
install : was 6.0.2.17
install : 6.0.2.19 SR7 of jdk
install : fix PK32069, PK32424, PK34800, PK37272, PK40359, PK41358
install : wps 6.0.1

and in all cases, i always had this exception

Thanks

sue_ga...@uk.ibm.com

Jun 1, 2007, 5:28:08 AM6/1/07
I managed to figure this out. It looks like fixpack 6.0.1 caused the problem.

The error appeared to be a mismatch in code levels. A search revealed that the AdminPortlet class was in the PTF601 update in ilwwcm-administration-portlet.jar, but didn?t appeared to have been installed as it only appeared in the installable apps folder, not the installed apps. Going into the portal console and updating the war file iwwcm-administration-portlet.war from the installableApps folder fixed the problem.

btan...@sopragroup.com

Jun 1, 2007, 6:10:37 AM6/1/07
in witch application this war should appears, i can't find it ?
is it in like this one WCM_Administration_PA_dm01j5p ?

regards

sue_ga...@uk.ibm.com

Jun 1, 2007, 6:59:32 AM6/1/07
I just found iwwcm-administration-portlet.war listed in Web Modules in the Portal console, clicked the 'Update web module' icon, and pointed it at the new iwwcm-administration-portlet.war that comes with PTF601 in the installableApps folder. That fixed it.

btan...@sopragroup.com

Jun 1, 2007, 7:33:25 AM6/1/07
ok, i looked for that in the was console.
now, it's ok, it works fine

thanks