WebSphere Portal Express 6.0 Installation Problem

jmd...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2007, 2:20:10 PM2/12/07
I have installed and uninstalled several time, nothing works. I need step by step instruction for Proper Installation (Complete Solution) and how to overcome the listed problem. My Laptap Configuration is 2 GB Ram, Duo Process T2500 @ 2.0 GHZ.

Here are listed error and you can review attached file:

1st Error -
EJPIC0218E: The Portal archieve install step failed.
Refer to the log file c:\Program Files\\PortalServer\log\LocalizeTrace.archive5.log for additional details.
The Portal installation program is exiting.

After clicking Ok, the 2nd Error -
EJPIC0219E: Enabling Security Failed.
Refer to the log file c:\Program Files\\PortalServer\log\wpinstalllog.txt for additional details.
The Portal installation program is exiting,

Last Error, InstallShield Wizard
java.lang.InternalError: Converter malfunction(UTF-16) - please submit a bug report via
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$ConverterSD.malfunction(StreamDecoder.java:274)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$ConverterSD.convertInfo(StreamDecoder.java(Inlined Compiled Code))
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$ConverterSD.impRead(StreamDecoder.java(Compiled Code))
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(StramDecoder.java(Compiled Code))
at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(InputStreamReader.java(compiledCode))
at java.io.BufferReader.fill(BufferReader.java(Compiled Code))
at java.io.BufferReader.ReadLine(BufferReader.java(Compiled Code))
at java.io.BufferReader.ReadLine(BufferReader.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.wps.install.UnicodeLogProgressWatcher$LogFile.readProgress(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.wps.install.UnicodeLogProgressWatcher$LogFile.getProgress(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.wps.install.unicodeLogProgressWatcher.getProgress(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.wps.install.ExternalCommandAction$ProgressWatcherRunner.run(Unknown Source)
WARNING: could not write using serviceException: (error code=200; message="C:\Program Files\PortalServer\log\wpinstalllog.txtg(The process can not access the file because it is being used by another process)"; severity=0;exception=[java.io.fileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\PortalServer\log\wpinstalllog.txt(The Process can not access the file because it is being used by another process)])

jmd...@gmail.com

Geoff....@teamsolutionz.com

Feb 13, 2007, 11:48:16 AM2/13/07
Does this occur during the installation of db2 express?

If so check the thread below yours where Comland has a solution.

Quote - I've just found a solution. The problem was in the password that I selected for the wpsadmin account. It did not match the machines password policy, hence the db2user could not be created and the installation stopped with the bizare error.

jmd...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2007, 12:52:47 PM2/13/07
db2express was installed properly and no issue with it and it creates separate window account. It happens at the last stage of Installation. And besides that my wpsadmin, db2user are same as my machine password. Please advise, if you have encountered same errors and its subsequent solution. Thank you.

sa...@ixiononline.com

Feb 13, 2007, 3:23:47 PM2/13/07
I am having the same issue ...only on a Linux box.

I noticed this in h einstall log...

WASX7023E: Error creating "SOAP" connection to host "localhost"; exception information: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorNotAvailableException: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorNotAvailableException: Failed to get a connection with IP address associated with hostname localhost

Anyone have any ideas?

rodney_...@ifmefector.com

Feb 14, 2007, 8:40:56 PM2/14/07
Having exactly the same issue.

tra...@us.ibm.com

Feb 15, 2007, 8:59:27 AM2/15/07
If you have installed/uninstalled several times, it might be helpful to clean things up before installing again.

Please:
1) uninstall DB2 Express via Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs
2) uninstall Portal *and* WAS by using <installDir> \PortalServer\uninstall\uninstall.bat
3) after uninstalling Portal
i) delete all files in install Directory (of Portal)
ii) delete files in Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp
iii) delete files in Documents and Settings\Administrator that begin with a 'dot'
iv) delete vpd.properties file in C:\Windows
v) delete WPDB2INS folder and files included in it; should be C:\WPDB2INS
vi) Using user manager, remove the DB2INS user that was created by the install
4) Reboot machine

Try a new install after this. Make sure your cell/node/host names only include alphanumeric characters (the default cell/node name is your machine name and if it includes '-', ' ', or other non alphanumeric characters, this can be a problem.

Also, ensure the account installing Portal Express has administration rights on the installation machine.

Hope this helps.

--travis

rodney_...@ifmefector.com

Feb 15, 2007, 3:28:36 PM2/15/07

Thanks Travis,

It worked!

I had a '-' in my computer name which was causing the problem.

sa...@ixiononline.com

Feb 15, 2007, 4:29:47 PM2/15/07
Looks like mine was a port conflict. Webmin (if you use it) runs by default on port 10000. I changed this and the install went fine.

Good luck!

jmd...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2007, 11:23:55 AM2/16/07
I went through your posted instruction and followed it line by line. I am still having the same problem (I tried 2 to 3 times).

FYI : There was "-" and numeric character in machine name and i took it out. Please see the attached document.

rodney_...@ifmefector.com

Feb 16, 2007, 1:55:41 PM2/16/07

Can you ping you machine name? I made sure I could ping the machine name after having problems a 2nd time. Also can you ping the host name too?

Hope this helps?

jmd...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2007, 8:39:36 PM2/16/07
I changed my machine name to jmdatulsaxena, pinged Machine Name & host name (localhost). I am getting the same first two error and only java error does not have warning at this time.

franc...@yahoo.it

Feb 20, 2007, 11:27:15 AM2/20/07

I had your same troubles but any of your solutions has helped me.
Simply: my operating system didn't have the last updates.

Try to start db2express installation separately from portal instalation: the error messages are clearer.

Sorry for my bad english,

Hope this help.

ca...@msn.com

Oct 24, 2007, 1:00:19 AM10/24/07

> WASX7023E: Error creating "SOAP" connection to host
> "localhost"; exception information:
> com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorNotAva
> ilableException:
> com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorNotAva
> ilableException: Failed to get a connection with IP
> address associated with hostname localhost

I also had the problem described above when upgrading WebSphere Portal 6.0.0.1 to 6.0.1 on windows.

Note: running WAS Network Deployment v6 with portal as managed node.

I had set the wpsadmin and wasadmin passwords in the wpconfig.properties

The problem ended up being I had to start the Deployment Manager and the nodeagent (on the same machine). I initially thought ALL websphere products had to be shutdown because the wizard does a check to see if all application servers are stopped. Clearly that does not apply to the deployment mangager or nodeagent.

Hope this helps someone...