RAD 7 and problem with testing with a remote portal

michael...@acamaya.com

Apr 10, 2007, 8:32:47 AM4/10/07
I've RAD7001 on my machine and WPS601 on a remote machine

I've set up a WPS6 server on my RAD (runtime WPS 6 portal stub), pointing to the remote WPS6 server. I can see the status of remote server from RAD, have access to console correctly, restart portal etc.

BUT

When I try to "run on server" a portlet project or simply add a portlet project to the server, when publishing occurs, I got this error

EJPXA0183E: The URL file://localhost/C:/ibm/WebSphere/profiles/wp_profile/installedApps/cellwps6/Demo2EAR.ear/Demo2.war does not point to a directory as required by predeployed portlets. Please adjust the URL. [web-app]

Server connection mode is soap.

Is there anything I can do to diagnose the pb ?

amash...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2007, 10:36:48 AM4/10/07
I have the same issue - btw even in case of EJPXA0183E error message
the portlet is published and executed successefully.
This is not an issue in case of local server. I checked RAD v7 help
and noticed that recommended practice for publishing portlets on
remote
server is "Deploy ..." option. In that case you have to create a
separate page manually where you can put your portlet.

Please let me know if you found a workaround on this.

Regards,
/Alexander

Marcelo Ancelmo

Apr 12, 2007, 2:27:24 PM4/12/07

Did you installed Rational Agent Controller (RAC)? If I remember well,
you need RAC for remote deploy.

michael...@acamaya.com

Apr 13, 2007, 1:14:58 PM4/13/07
Still locked with this pb...
Does anyone have the same pb or am I alone ?

michael...@acamaya.com

Apr 16, 2007, 5:52:03 AM4/16/07
Thanks a lot but unfortunately, that did not solve my pb.

I still have this ugly error message :

[16/04/07 11:47:19:000 CEST] 00000072 Engine E com.ibm.wps.command.xml.Engine XMLEngine EJPFB0002E: Une exception s'est produite.
com.ibm.wps.command.xml.XmlFormatException: EJPXA0183E: L'URL file://localhost/C:/ibm/WebSphere/profiles/wp_profile/installedApps/vmwps/TestBasicPortletProjectEAR.ear/TestBasicPortletProject.war ne pointe pas vers un répertoire comme requis par les portlets prédéployés. Veuillez modifier l'URL. [web-app]
at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.items.WebApplicationItem.init(WebApplicationItem.java:262)
at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.DecodeEngine.makeItem(DecodeEngine.java:437)
at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.DecodeEngine.processNodeSax(DecodeEngine.java:375)
at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.DecodeEngine.decodeTopLevelNode(DecodeEngine.java:121)
at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.XmlAccessHandler.fillObjectModel(XmlAccessHandler.java:335)
at com.ibm.wps.command.xml.XmlAccessHandler.endElement(XmlAccessHandler.java:225)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)

I wonder if there is a way to "see" the xmlaccess script that RAD uses to publish the portlet. I seems the pb comes from the XMLAccess but I don't know where to view / modify it.

Kaga

Apr 17, 2007, 10:43:44 AM4/17/07
This problems occurs when the hostname (provided when the server was installed) is incorrect and is not the hostname (unqualified) of the machine. The hostname value should be the unqualified hostname of the machine for this to work.
To check the value which was given as the hostname, check the serverindex present in the profiles and if it incorrect then refer to the document of how to change the hostname for websphere application server to do that change and then try it again.

I hope it helps.

Kapil.

suresh.n...@wipro.com

Nov 17, 2008, 11:38:47 AM11/17/08
Hi Smicky,

Is it possible to share the steps to configure the remote portal (WP v6.0) with RAD 7.0.0.x

Your help would be appreciated..

Regards,
Suresh N