Property Broker on anonymous page

erik....@logicacmg.com

Sep 29, 2005, 3:12:14 AM9/29/05

were trying to use Property Broker (JSR168 Portlets) on a anonymous page but get the following error:

2005.09.29 09:08:18.034 E com.ibm.wps.propertybroker.standard.filter.PropertyBrokerActionFilter getAllWiresForUser
EJPKB0010E: An exception occurred. - StackTrace follows...

2005.09.29 09:08:18.034 E com.ibm.wps.propertybroker.standard.filter.PropertyBrokerActionFilter getAllWiresForUser
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: One or more required parameters was null
at com.ibm.wps.propertybroker.core.PropertyBrokerImpl.getWires(PropertyBrokerImpl.java:1081)
at com.ibm.wps.propertybroker.standard.filter.PropertyBrokerActionFilter.getAllWiresForUser(PropertyBrokerActionFilter.java:729)
at com.ibm.wps.propertybroker.standard.filter.PropertyBrokerActionFilter.postProcessAction(PropertyBrokerActionFilter.java:492)

When users are logged-in it works fine.
I turned public sessions on so the anon user has a session.

Any help would be appriciated,

Regards Erik

am...@in.ibm.com

Jun 5, 2007, 1:37:56 PM6/5/07
Hi

I am getting the exact same error while using the cooperative portlets with anonymous user. Anybody found any solution for this?

Regards
Amit Jain

Jessica Garcia-Glennie

Jun 6, 2007, 5:45:07 AM6/6/07
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0604_scott/0604_scott.html

"The WebSphere® Portal V5.1.0.1 built-in support for portlet-to-portlet communication between JSR 168 portlets, called cooperative portlets, uses the property broker. This support is for authenticated users; it does not currently work for anonymous users accessing public pages. Readers of our earlier articles (see Resources), as well as requirements for several of our current projects, have lead us to address this latter scenario."

am...@in.ibm.com

Jun 7, 2007, 10:35:51 AM6/7/07
Thanks for the quick and accurate reply.
It works. But the scenario is different now. Its working when we have both the portlets on the same page. But in my scenario we have portlets on 2 different pages. Please suggest something for this scenario.

Or if you can suggest something by which only 1 portlet will be displayed on the page (though it will have both the portlets on the same page). And on doing some action on first portlet, the second portlet will be displayed and first portlet disappears.

Thanks in Advance

Regards
Amit Jain

Jessica Garcia-Glennie

Jun 11, 2007, 6:07:17 AM6/11/07

erik.r...@ementor.se

Sep 18, 2007, 7:33:23 AM9/18/07
Hi!

Does anybody know if this restriction, that anonymous users can't use the wire between cooperative portlets, applies to Webpshere portal 6 too?

Best regards,
Erik