WebSphere Portal 6.1 installation error on Linux4.5

ashis...@axa-equitable.com

Sep 10, 2008, 3:36:14 PM9/10/08
I am getting following error while installing Portal6.1 on Linux4.5.

Caused by: [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error opening socket: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL
message, plaintext connection?; targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error opening socket: javax.net.ssl.SSLEx
ception: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?]
at org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient$4.run(SOAPConnectorClient.java:316)
at com.ibm.ws.security.util.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:118)
at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnectorClient.reconnect(SOAPConnectorClient.java:301)
... 32 more
**com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorException: ADMC0053E: The system cannot create a SOAP connector to connect to**
**host tared1.tai.my-company.mycompany at port 10073 with SOAP connector security enabled.**

Appreciate your help

ff...@us.ibm.com

Sep 10, 2008, 4:23:53 PM9/10/08
Are you trying to install Portal 6.1 on an existing WAS installation? If yes, is the WAS security already enabled with an LDAP?

-FF

ashis...@axa-equitable.com

Sep 10, 2008, 4:27:15 PM9/10/08
This is the separate "full" installation. Although I have Portal6.0 installed on the same box.

Reginal...@us.ibm.com

Sep 10, 2008, 5:44:22 PM9/10/08
Hi Ans3341,

You may be having port conflicts, especially if you currently have the portal server v6.0 running at the time of install
for best results make sure both the portal server and server1 are shutdown from the v6.0 environment... Make sure that you
specify a totally different directory path for the new install... You also have options to specify port ranges if you choose
to do so... The following link can help with those options

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wpdoc/v6r1m0/topic/com.ibm.wp.ent.doc/install/stdalone_linux_inst_wp.html