Upgarding websphere portal from 6.0.1.1 to 6.0.1.4

skko...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2008, 12:46:24 PM9/5/08
Hi guys,
When I am trying to upgrade from 6.0.1.1 to 6.0.1.4, its throwing some exceptions like this

echo] Port 10038 is not in use on machine localhost
Result: StdErr: file:../config/includes/preconfig_wp_ptf_6011.xml:136: PortalAdminPwd is incorrect. Please supply corrected password in wpconfig.properties. Please also make sure your Database is started, check Database passwords and then rerun PTF.
Result: [echo] The server WebSphere_Portal cannot be reached. It appears to be stopped.
Result: StdErr:
Result:
Result: StdErr: Total time: 7 minutes 24 seconds
Result: action-fail-fixpack-6011-preconfig-check-was-and-wps-passwords

Does any one has any idea about this issue. Please give me some to suggestions to solve this issue.
U r help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
yours..

cesar_...@ykp.com.br

Sep 5, 2008, 1:15:55 PM9/5/08
Verify all passwords in:

wpconfig.properties
wpconfig_dbdomain.properties

This password cannot be empty or invalid.

skko...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2008, 1:25:14 PM9/5/08
Thanks for u r reply. The Portal admin Password is correct and also database is up but still it is not working for me.

please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks a lot,
yours...

huntman25

Sep 5, 2008, 4:14:51 PM9/5/08
Does your Portal server currently work right now? The way the upgrade is designed is that first it runs a preconfig script to verify that the Portal server is functional, which is where yours is failing. If the outcome is a failure, then the default error message indicates that something is wrong with the passwords; which unfortunately means this message could be misleading.

Could you verify that you can actually render Portal in a browser and log in? If you can't, then uploading the SystemOut.log would be helpful. If you CAN log in, then uploading the ConfigTrace.log would be helpful as well. Both of these can be found in the PortalServer/log directory.

Thanks!

~HT

skko...@gmail.com

Sep 6, 2008, 5:09:57 PM9/6/08

Thanka a lot for u r reply.

Ya i am unable to login to portal right now. In SystemOut.log its showing the exceptions like this

SCHD0128E: The daemon for scheduler wps/Scheduler could not be started: com.ibm.ws.scheduler.exception.S
chedulerDataStoreException: SCHD0124E: Unable to initialize wps/Scheduler due to error: com.ibm.ws.extensionhelper.exception.UnableToInitializeException: jav
a.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: xaConnect

.for this i soureced the db2 profile before runing the update script but its now working for me..

And also i kept the db2 profile path in .profile

/home/db2instance/sqllib/db2profile.

but the same error agian.

what should i do right now.

Upgrading failing after 7 min.

Shall i uninstall the fixpack 4 now.

Please help me ..i have to solve this issue within 2 days.

skko...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2008, 1:11:51 PM9/8/08
Thanks a lot for u r reply.

I did it in same way what u explained above but it s nor working for me.

In SystemOut.log its showing the same error

00000030 SystemErr R java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: xaConnect
at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XAConnection.datasoureces and i test the connection on all datasources. Nothing is working. its throwing same exception like above.

From the database side evrything is fine. I dont see any problem there.

I dont know what to do.. please help me

U r help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Srikanth

huntman25

Sep 8, 2008, 1:38:16 PM9/8/08
env.txt

and upload the env.txt file

When you say from the database side, what do you mean? Is the database on a remote server? If so can you successfully connect to it outside of WebSphere?

skko...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2008, 3:11:29 PM9/8/08
Thanks for u r reply,

ya database is installed remotely. I am able to connect databse from outside of websphere.

i dont know whats going wrong.

Please suggest me some thing to solve this issue.

Thanks,
Srikanth

huntman25

Sep 8, 2008, 3:16:16 PM9/8/08
Does the user that you're using have access to the db2 client libraries? Also I was hoping to see the full SystemOut.log. Could you upload the full log?

skko...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2008, 3:58:09 PM9/8/08
Ya They have a access for the libraries.
Please find the attachement and let me know what is the problem.

Thanks for ut help.

huntman25

Sep 8, 2008, 4:49:26 PM9/8/08
Ok I think I see what the problem is. Did you recently upgrade the JDK? I see this listed:

Java version = J2RE 1.4.2 IBM AIX 5L for PowerPC (64 bit JVM) build caix64142-20080515 (SR11) (JIT enabled: jitc), Java Compiler = jitc, Java VM name = Class
ic VM

Please note that this says 64-bit. You're running Portal v601x which is a 32-bit application and should be using the 32-bit JVM. Further, according to the Java Library Path, I see the db2profile is in fact sourced correctly:

Java Library path = /usr/WebSphere/AppServer/java/jre/bin:/usr/WebSphere/AppServer/java/jre/bin/classic:/usr/WebSphere/AppServer/java/jre/bin:/usr/WebSphere/
PortalServer/shared/app/oiexport:/usr/WebSphere/AppServer/java/jre/bin:/usr/WebSphere/AppServer/java/jre/bin/classic:/usr/WebSphere/AppServer/java/jre/bin:/u
sr/WebSphere/AppServer/bin:/usr/mqm/java/lib:/usr/opt/wemps/lib:*/home/db2conn/sqllib/lib32*:/usr/WebSphere/AppServer/java/jre/bin/sovvm:/usr/WebSphere/AppServ
er/java/jre/bin/sovvm:/usr/lib

But it's using the lib32 directory. In other words, you've got a a 64-bit JVM using the 32-bit DB2 libraries. The bigger issue here though is that Portal v60x is not supported as 64-bit app and what I suspect might have happened here is that you applied the 64-bit version of the JDK upgrade instead of the 32-bit version. What you'll need to do is the following:

1. Uninstall the JDK upgrade
2. Download and install the 32-bit JDK upgrade
3. Restart Portal and see if it works.

Let me know if that helps!

skko...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2008, 8:25:22 AM9/9/08

Thanx for u r valuable information.

I did not noiotice this thing.

I will let you know after completing this thing.

Thanks,
Srikanth

skko...@gmail.com

Sep 10, 2008, 11:26:31 AM9/10/08
Thanx a lot for ur help.
I uninstalled the 64 bit JDK and installed 32 bit vesrion of JDK.

Now am able to connect to database perfetly woth out any exception.

And then i ran the upgrade script.

The upgrade failed at last step.

I dont know wat happend.

it took almost 2 hours on one node for that.

I though it s going well but at last step it failed.

And also i check the websphere portal version.

its showing its upgradedto 6.0.1.4 from 6.0.1.1

And also now am able to loging portal browser.

evrything is working fine for the portal.

I did not see any problems.

but in log files

Please find the attachment of log files

\\i dont know whats went wrong.

Sould i uninstalled fix pack and run the PTF6014 again.

Please help me.

U r help would br greatly appreciated.

Reginal...@us.ibm.com

Sep 10, 2008, 12:19:28 PM9/10/08
Hi imbwps

Please submit your configtrace.log files located in your portalserver/log directory.. This will help
determine the failure of the portal server upgrade...

Thanks

skko...@gmail.com

Sep 10, 2008, 1:10:09 PM9/10/08

Thanks a lot for u r reply.

Please find the attachment of configtrace.log.

Please give me some suggestions to sove this issue.

U r help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Reginal...@us.ibm.com

Sep 10, 2008, 3:50:34 PM9/10/08
Object Cache Instances
3. Set scope to 'Cluster'
4. Edit the "simple_sdo" cache instance
5. Change the JNDI name from:

services/cache/iwk/simple_sdo

services/cache/cmapi/simple_sdo

6. Save the change and synchronize with nodes
7. Restart Portal

The second error is the following.....

action-update-wcm-indexes:
[logmsg] 2008.09.10 10:55:12.092 action-update-wcm-indexes
[logmsg] EJPCA3100I: Configuration task "action-update-wcm-indexes" in progress

[echo] Calling JCRInitializer
[java] Sep 10, 2008 10:55:13 AM com.ibm.icm.jcr.init.JCRInitializer main
[java] INFO: Starting to initialize node types...
[java] Sep 10, 2008 10:55:13 AM com.ibm.icm.jcr.init.JCRInitializer main
[java] INFO: Connecting to http://intranet0200a.hannaford.com:10038/jcradmin/init/. Please wait...
[java] Sep 10, 2008 10:55:13 AM com.ibm.icm.jcr.init.JCRInitializer main
[java] INFO: Streaming input file to server. Please wait...
[java] Exception in thread "main" java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
[java] at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
[java] at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:355)
[java] at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:220)
[java] at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:207)
[java] at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:479)
[java] at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:429)

the error is a result of one or two things,,, the portaladmin id and password values are incorrect or not listed in the wpconfig.properties
or the hostname and/or port number is incorrect... I have verified that the port number is correct but I am not so sure about the
hostname because I didn't see a corresponding entry in the log.txt file when the connection occured... Please verify those values are correct
and that the hostname resolves to the correct server ip address then run the upgrade again...

Thanks
RVGreene

karthik.ba...@cognizant.com

Nov 18, 2008, 11:22:28 AM11/18/08
I too getting the same same error..durind upgrade.. Was this issue solved?

Regards,
Karthik B