Unable to access Login Page after enabling security in Portal 6.1 Extend

mohit_...@yahoo.com

Dec 5, 2008, 6:42:41 AM12/5/08

I am trying to configure Portal 6.1 Extend with Domino 7.0.1. I could successfully complete the wp-modify-ldap-security task. When I restarted the server, though I am getting the message that the server is started, when I tried to access the url http://localhost:10040/wps/portal, I am getting a 404 error. I found the following nullpointerexception in the Systemerr.log file

java.lang.NullPointerException
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.ibm.workplace.wcm.services.repository.WorkspaceContainerInformation.getLocalDataKey(WorkspaceContainerInformation.java:79)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.ibm.workplace.wcm.services.repository.WorkspaceContainer.getWorkspaceContainer(WorkspaceContainer.java:73)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.ibm.workplace.wcm.services.repository.WorkspaceManager.loginContainer(WorkspaceManager.java:761)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.ibm.workplace.wcm.services.repository.WorkspaceManager.systemLogin(WorkspaceManager.java:700)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.presence.connect.Connect.init(Connect.java:449)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.presence.connect.Connect.safeInit(Connect.java:188)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.presence.connect.Connect.getInstance(Connect.java:162)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.presence.connect.ConnectServlet.init(ConnectServlet.java:85)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:192)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:319)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.initialize(ServletWrapper.java:1221)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.initialize(ServletWrapper.java:152)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.ibm.wsspi.webcontainer.extension.WebExtensionProcessor.createServletWrapper(WebExtensionProcessor.java:99)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.getServletWrapper(WebApp.java:831)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.initializeTargetMappings(WebApp.java:486)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.commonInitializationFinish(WebApp.java:323)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.webapp.WebApp.initialize(WebApp.java:290)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.webapp.WebGroup.addWebApplication(WebGroup.java:92)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.VirtualHost.addWebApplication(VirtualHost.java:157)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.WebContainer.addWebApp(WebContainer.java:665)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.WebContainer.addWebApplication(WebContainer.java:618)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.component.WebContainerImpl.install(WebContainerImpl.java:335)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.component.WebContainerImpl.start(WebContainerImpl.java:551)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.start(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:1303)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationImpl.fireDeployedObjectStart(DeployedApplicationImpl.java:1138)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedModuleImpl.start(DeployedModuleImpl.java:569)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationImpl.start(DeployedApplicationImpl.java:817)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.startApplication(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:949)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl$AppInitializer.run(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:2122)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.ibm.wsspi.runtime.component.WsComponentImpl$_AsynchInitializer.run(WsComponentImpl.java:342)
[12/5/08 16:39:07:343 IST] 00000013 SystemErr R at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1473)

Can anyone help?

ff...@us.ibm.com

Dec 6, 2008, 12:01:32 PM12/6/08
Please package ConfigTrace.log, SystemOut.log, security.xml, wimconfig.xml and then attach the file to the thread.

-FF

mohit_...@yahoo.com

Dec 8, 2008, 4:35:59 AM12/8/08
I have attached all the 4 log files as requested. Please see the attached logs.zip

Thanks.

mohit_...@yahoo.com

Dec 8, 2008, 4:49:46 AM12/8/08

Looking at the SystemOut.log file, the problem seems to be with the wpsadmins group setting. I could see the following exception in the SystemOut.log file:

[12/8/08 14:41:50:265 IST] 00000014 Servlet E com.ibm.wps.engine.Servlet init EJPFD0016E: Initialization of service failed.
com.ibm.wps.ac.DomainAdministratorNotFoundException: EJPSB0107E: Exception occurred while retrieving the identity of the domain admin user/admingroup cn=wpsadmins.
at com.ibm.wps.ac.impl.AccessControlDataManagementServiceImpl.convertDNtoObjectID(AccessControlDataManagementServiceImpl.java:987)
at com.ibm.wps.ac.impl.AccessControlDataManagementServiceImpl.access$000(AccessControlDataManagementServiceImpl.java:74)
at com.ibm.wps.ac.impl.AccessControlDataManagementServiceImpl$1.run(AccessControlDataManagementServiceImpl.java:890)
at com.ibm.wps.um.PumaEngineHelper.runUnrestricted(PumaEngineHelper.java:1185)
at com.ibm.wps.um.PumaEnvironmentImpl.runUnrestricted(PumaEnvironmentImpl.java:141)
at com.ibm.wps.services.puma.PumaServiceImpl.executeWithoutACChecks(PumaServiceImpl.java:2495)
at com.ibm.wps.services.puma.Puma.executeWithoutACChecks(Puma.java:989)
at com.ibm.wps.ac.impl.AccessControlDataManagementServiceImpl.initializeDomainConfig(AccessControlDataManagementServiceImpl.java:897)
at com.ibm.wps.ac.impl.AccessControlDataManagementServiceImpl.reinit(AccessControlDataManagementServiceImpl.java:804)
at com.ibm.wps.ac.impl.AccessControlDataManagementServiceImpl.init(AccessControlDataManagementServiceImpl.java:449)
at com.ibm.wps.services.ServiceManager.createService(ServiceManager.java:391)
at com.ibm.wps.services.ServiceManager.initInternal(ServiceManager.java:285)
at com.ibm.wps.services.ServiceManager.init(ServiceManager.java:179)
at com.ibm.wps.services.ServiceManager.init(ServiceManager.java:114)
at com.ibm.wps.engine.Servlet.init(Servlet.java:239)
[...]
Caused by: com.ibm.portal.puma.MemberNotFoundException: EJPSG0002E: Requested Member does not exist.cn=wpsadmins
at com.ibm.wps.services.puma.PumaServiceImpl.findGroupById(PumaServiceImpl.java:404)
at com.ibm.wps.services.puma.Puma.findGroupById(Puma.java:404)
at com.ibm.wps.ac.impl.AccessControlDataManagementServiceImpl.convertDNtoObjectID(AccessControlDataManagementServiceImpl.java:967)
... 37 more
Caused by: com.ibm.wps.um.exceptions.impl.MemberNotFoundExceptionImpl: com.ibm.portal.puma.MemberNotFoundException: EJPSG0002E: Requested Member does not exist.cn=wpsadmins/null
at com.ibm.wps.um.PumaEngineHelper.reload(PumaEngineHelper.java:798)
at com.ibm.wps.um.PumaEngineHelper.loadWithBaseAttributes(PumaEngineHelper.java:684)
at com.ibm.wps.um.PumaLocatorImpl.findGroupByIdentifier(PumaLocatorImpl.java:368)
at com.ibm.wps.services.puma.PumaServiceImpl$3.run(PumaServiceImpl.java:394)
at com.ibm.wps.services.puma.PumaServiceImpl$3.run(PumaServiceImpl.java:392)
at com.ibm.wps.um.PumaEngineHelper.runWithoutPAC(PumaEngineHelper.java:1222)
at com.ibm.wps.services.puma.PumaServiceImpl.executeWithoutPAC(PumaServiceImpl.java:2508)
at com.ibm.wps.services.puma.PumaServiceImpl.findGroupById(PumaServiceImpl.java:390)
... 39 more
Caused by: com.ibm.portal.puma.MemberNotFoundException: EJPSG0002E: Requested Member does not exist.cn=wpsadmins/null
... 47 more

I have tried to access the cn=wpsadmins group in the domino ldap server by typing ldap://localhost:389/cn=wpsadmins and I could see its details. So the error doesn't seem to be on the ldap side, but more of a portal setting issue.

Thanks.

ff...@us.ibm.com

Dec 8, 2008, 2:47:15 PM12/8/08
Did you try ldap://hcls.in.ibm.com:389/cn=wpsadmins?

What access "wpsbind" has on the Domino server? Check ACL.

Also can you check resources.xml in /config/cells/ /nodes//servers/WebSphere_Portal and see if wpsadmin and wpsadmins both are set?

mohit_...@yahoo.com

Dec 9, 2008, 7:52:29 AM12/9/08

ldap://hcls.in.ibm.com:389/cn=wpsadmins is also working fine.

I also checked resources.xml and confirmed that both wpsadmin and wpsadmins are set.

I found some information in the Portal 6.1 Infocenter (under Planning names for servers and users in Lotus Domino) where it is mentioned that "You should manually edit the group wpsadmins to wpsadmins/yourorgname. This edit creates a fully distinguished LDAP name of cn=wpsadmins/o=yourorgname. This change must made when using a Lotus Domino LDAP directory, because Lotus Domino does not store groups in the hierarchical format that WebSphere Portal expects." So I changed the wpsadmins group name to wpsadmins/ibm in Domino Administrator. But still the problem did no resolve.

Finally, I decided to reinstall the Portal and do the configurations again with the group name as wpsadmins/ibm. This time the LDAP configuration seems to have worked. I am able to login to the Portal using wpsadmin, wpsbind and lcadmin. But when I tried to create a new user I am getting the "The 'javax.naming.NoPermissionException: [LDAP: error code 50 - Insufficient Access Rights]; " error. I tried creating users with both wpsadmin and wpsbind but I am getting the same error. I have checked the ACL in Domino and confirmed that wpsadmins group is given Roles GroupCreator, GroupModifier, UserCreator and UserModifier. Can you please help me resolve this access issue? I am attaching the wp_security_domino.properties helper file which I have used for this setup and also the ConfigTrace.log file in the new setup.

Thanks