why does the session data lose?

rem...@163.com

Feb 21, 2006, 5:21:58 AM2/21/06
our website are based on WAS 5.0(no fixes),and i find when the traffic is heavy,the data in session will be lost,it happens frequently, so if not concerning the program problem, is there any bugs in WAS5.0 about session?

ps:there is no cluster,just a single machine server!
thanks

Dexthor

Feb 21, 2006, 9:00:34 AM2/21/06
As far as I know the possibility of losing sessions in the middle
should not happen. However, the following are somethings you should
look out for:

1. under load, if your network infrastructure or the webservers or the
User himself are not presenting back the SessionCookie, then the
WebContainer will create a new HTTP Session Object and hence new cookie
for that request. This may manifest as a loss of SessionData. You have
to look and see if the SessionID cookie value has changed.

2. If the user is opening more than one browsers (firefox without
profiles or opening a new child window from a live-session IE window)
and continues to use both of them at the same time, depending on how
you use your Session object, you may experience session content
corruption. This will be an Application design problem.

You are better off catching up on the patches, which you seem to be
lagging by almost 2yrs+. Why do you want to operate at a version which
has known bugs or issues ??? If patching fixes the problem, then thats
much better, isnt it !

-Dexthor.

rem...@163.com

Feb 22, 2006, 1:08:26 AM2/22/06
some time "Session Object Internals" error occures,the following is the stack trace!

[06-2-22 13:45:27:906 CST] 6f2d2ae0 WebGroup E SRVE0026E: ?Servlet Error???
Session Object Internals:
id : xRRjrc8opT_TFX1IRijS_zi
hashCode : 2113333966
create time : Wed Feb 22 11:19:32 CST 2006
last access : Wed Feb 22 13:45:26 CST 2006
max inactive interval : 864000
user name : anonymous
valid session : false
new session : false

overflowed : false

non-serializable app specific session data : {}
serializable app specific session data : {}
??java.lang.IllegalStateException:
Session Object Internals:
id : xRRjrc8opT_TFX1IRijS_zi
hashCode : 2113333966
create time : Wed Feb 22 11:19:32 CST 2006
last access : Wed Feb 22 13:45:26 CST 2006
max inactive interval : 864000
user name : anonymous
valid session : false
new session : false

overflowed : false

non-serializable app specific session data : {}
serializable app specific session data : {}

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.httpsession.SessionData.getValueGuts(SessionData.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.httpsession.SessionData.getValue(SessionData.java(Inlined Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.httpsession.SessionData.getAttribute(SessionData.java(Compiled Code))
at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.retrieveUserLocale(RequestUtils.java(Compiled Code))
at org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.WriteTag.formatValue(WriteTag.java(Compiled Code))
at org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.WriteTag.doStartTag(WriteTag.java(Compiled Code))
at org.apache.jsp._traceApply._jspService(_traceApply.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java(Compiled Code))
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java(Compiled Code))
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictServletInstance.doService(StrictServletInstance.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet._service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.IdleServletState.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java(Inlined Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstance.service(ServletInstance.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ValidServletReferenceState.dispatch(ValidServletReferenceState.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstanceReference.dispatch(ServletInstanceReference.java(Inlined Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java(Compiled Code))
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.java(Compiled Code))
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(RequestProcessor.java(Compiled Code))
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java(Compiled Code))
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java(Compiled Code))
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:525)
[...]
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java(Compiled Code))
at com.icbc.util.PrivilegeFilter.doFilter(PrivilegeFilter.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java(Compiled Code))
at com.icbc.util.NoCacheFilter.doFilter(NoCacheFilter.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java(Compiled Code))
at com.icbc.util.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharacterEncodingFilter.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebAppInvoker.doForward(WebAppInvoker.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebAppInvoker.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.cache.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(CachedInvocation.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.cache.invocation.CacheableInvocationContext.invoke(CacheableInvocationContext.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(ServletRequestProcessor.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEListener.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.http.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java(Compiled Code))

Ken Hygh

Feb 22, 2006, 6:19:30 AM2/22/06
rem...@163.com wrote:
> some time "Session Object Internals" error occures,the following is the stack trace!
>
> [06-2-22 13:45:27:906 CST] 6f2d2ae0 WebGroup E SRVE0026E: ?Servlet Error???
> Session Object Internals:
> id : xRRjrc8opT_TFX1IRijS_zi
> hashCode : 2113333966
> create time : Wed Feb 22 11:19:32 CST 2006
> last access : Wed Feb 22 13:45:26 CST 2006
> max inactive interval : 864000
> user name : anonymous
> valid session : false
> new session : false
>
> overflowed : false
>

> non-serializable app specific session data : {}

I'd open a PMR with IBM.
Ken

Dexthor

Feb 22, 2006, 8:47:28 AM2/22/06
Are you seeing this with a session that is live and active ? Can the
above stack for an "expired session".

create time : Wed Feb 22 11:19:32 CST 2006
last access : Wed Feb 22 13:45:26 CST 2006
max inactive interval : 864000
user name : anonymous
valid session : false
new session : false

Does it happen with other Apps on the same WAS install that dont use
"com.icbc.util.PrivilegeFilter" work fine or have the same issue ?

-Dexthor.

rem...@163.com

Feb 25, 2006, 8:28:37 PM2/25/06
the problem is resolved after reinstallation